Sign in to follow this  

Isn't this correct?

Everyone keeps asking about jetting when they change there exhausts. But I thought Eddie or someone else here said that you only have to be concerned about jetting when you add more air (3x3 mod.) to the intake. Am I wrong or didn't I read this in a previous post. I thought after the engine fires it doesn't matter what happens when it exits the engine. What's the truth.

I thought after the engine fires it doesn't matter what happens when it exits the engine. What's the truth.

Well if that was true an awful lot of people have wasted a lot $$ on full systems.

You can add a slip on with no changes, a full system will probably need one size up on the main jet.

The 3x3 will definitely need a full re-jet, because it is the major restriction on a DRZ.

So the truth is a bit of both.

Neil. :applause::lol: :lol:

Intake mods have a greater impact in terms of jetting. However, increased airflow on the exhaust side improves the overall airflow / efficiency. So, in theory, imagine a more freely spinning engine void of restriction, as it passes the free flowing exhaust stroke, the inertial momentum driving it through the intake stroke is a bit faster and as such, sucks a little harder and pulls in air more rapidly, thus needing a little more fuel in the mix.

Again, intake mods have a higher impact on jetting requirements but exhaust mods will also have an impact, perhaps to a lesser degree.

Eric

Intake mods have a greater impact in terms of jetting. However, increased airflow on the exhaust side improves the overall airflow / efficiency. So, in theory, imagine a more freely spinning engine void of restriction, as it passes the free flowing exhaust stroke, the inertial momentum driving it through the intake stroke is a bit faster and as such, sucks a little harder and pulls in air more rapidly, thus needing a little more fuel in the mix.

Again, intake mods have a higher impact on jetting requirements but exhaust mods will also have an impact, perhaps to a lesser degree.

Eric

That was the sexist thing I've herd in quite a long time.

idea.gif

You need to get laid! :applause:

Glad I'm not the only one with a dirty mind :applause: