Sign in to follow this  

2T / 4T What's this?

How on earth did someone get the term "two stroke" reduced down to "2T"? Same for 4T being a "four stroke"? Is it some terminology a bunch of today's public school rejects that can't spell came up with? Is it some slang terms kids use like "phat" (neat/cool/nice/great) or "gay" (unliked/disliked/unwanted) or "sick" (same as phat). Or should I just shut up and admit I'm too old to understand?

I can see two stroke being 2stk, or 2st but 2T?

How did 2T and 4T get started and why?

• Like 1

I've seen people of all ages use it. Your comparisons are bad by the way.

You should be asking.. is it like the kids saying LOL (laugh out loud) because 2T and 4T are abreviations and so is LOL.

i usually say 2 stroke/ 4 stroke....or if i call them smokers or thumpers

its for people to not waste time typing out the whole word 2 stroke-4 stroke.....i use it all the time and it saves a few seconds on your post

I think it's a product of LAZY KID lingo, just like the word "PROLLY" instead of spelling out "probably" or even like in the Fast and the Furious, the NOS thing, all of my time that I have spent at the dragstrip I have never heard it worded "NOS". we have always called it Nitrous, squeeze, juice or N.O.S.

Yea I think were getting old. LOL :applause:

How on earth did someone get the term "two stroke" reduced down to "2T"? Same for 4T being a "four stroke"? Is it some terminology a bunch of today's public school rejects that can't spell came up with? Is it some slang terms kids use like "phat" (neat/cool/nice/great) or "gay" (unliked/disliked/unwanted) or "sick" (same as phat). Or should I just shut up and admit I'm too old to understand?

I can see two stroke being 2stk, or 2st but 2T?

How did 2T and 4T get started and why?

T is from Takt which is German for stroke hence 2T and 4T somewhere it's useage became poplular

T is from Takt which is German for stroke hence 2T and 4T somewhere it's useage became poplular

I thought my grandfather helped fight and beat Germany in WWII so we wouldn't have to speak and read German in the USA. But now we are doing it any ways? Oh well, thanks for the reply, at least it makes sense now.

P.S. Grandpa, if you can read this from Heaven, forgive them, they know not what they do.

Or should I just shut up and admit I'm too old to understand?

Well, if it helps, I can't stand LOL and... &%$#@! and other sayings like that. Whenever I see something like that.. I just sort of cringe. I guess I never got into the "Text message" "Cell Phone" "Msn" "My shitty f:foul:en space" generation. At least you don't have to try and listen to people using this new type of writing all the time.

NOS is a brand that sells nitrous stuff

NOS is also "New Old Stock". If you are shopping for 1980's XR parts on eBay, you'll see NOS a lot. Nothing to do with nitrous.

The parts are new, but they have been sitting around for 20+ years.

• Like 1

its for people to not waste time typing out the whole word 2 stroke-4 stroke.....i use it all the time and it saves a few seconds on your post

Take a typing class. I would imagine that most of you that use that excuse, I could easily whup up on in a speed contest. Use your abbreviations and laziness, I'll type everything out, I'll win.:applause:

I often wondered what "4T" and "2T" meant. Why not just type, "4S" or "2S"? Seems kinda silly if you ask me.

I think it's a product of LAZY KID lingo, just like the word "PROLLY" instead of spelling out "probably" or even like in the Fast and the Furious, the NOS thing, all of my time that I have spent at the dragstrip I have never heard it worded "NOS". we have always called it Nitrous, squeeze, juice or N.O.S.

Yea I think were getting old. LOL :applause:

You should probably look on that blue bottle that says NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEMS... N. O . S . and when abbreviated pronounced NOS.. we've been saying it for years before TF &TF (fast and furious for the older generation.

The word that pisses me off the most is "rims". It's WHEELS!!! - Dammit!