Sign in to follow this  

Want to Send out My Suspension. How?

So what's the best method to ship my folks and rear shock to have work done? Is there something that I can get from the dealer to use as packaging? Anything I need to do before packing? - blead the air, drain the oil?

Thanks.

All I did was remove them from my bike and put all three in a X-large gun case. when they were done they sent them back in my gun case.

Bled the air, and if you have pro-bleeders take them out, almost always leak. Gun cases are the best. Remember to insure them for about 2,500 when you ship them, otherwise something could go bad wrong. Draining the oil could lower the wight some? Maybe a few dollars cheapier?

definitely do not go usps.....It cost me 80$ just to ship mine there and when i got my suspension back they shipping tag on the box said 34$ i got ripped hard. i would definitely drain the oil to make it lighter because mine would have been 60$ (which is still a rip off) if it wasnt over 31lbs....it was 32 i got ripped once again and usps wasnt even willing to shave a pound off of it for me some way to save 20$....i would go fedex just my .02$

definitely do not go usps.....It cost me 80$ just to ship mine there and when i got my suspension back they shipping tag on the box said 34$ i got ripped hard. i would definitely drain the oil to make it lighter because mine would have been 60$ (which is still a rip off) if it wasnt over 31lbs....it was 32 i got ripped once again and usps wasnt even willing to shave a pound off of it for me some way to save 20$....i would go fedex just my .02$

Well I did one better. I walked them right into the shop. :applause:

Let's hope they do some good work. I'd hate to get everything back and don't notice any pronouced improvement.

Trust me you won't be disappointed! It was well worth the $$$$$ Like night to day!