How bad did I kill my engine?

I went out for a short ride today, shorter than I expected:(

I just recently installed a new plug, fuel, trans oil and a new filter. This is the 2nd time I've ridden since all the above were done. Bike was running fine, I was cruising to get the bike warm, no smoke or rough running. I hit it 1st - 3rd, backed down for a corner and hit it again. The bike lugged, stumbled died and locked the rear tire down. I stopped the bike, kicked it 4 times and was unable to kick it again. The engine is locked down TIGHT.

This is my first 2st, so I know I'm getting ready to get my hands dirty, but to what degree?

This is on a 96 CR125, btw. Any advice would also be great. If the entire jug is DOA, I may look at a 144 kit, so any advice there would be good as well.

It sounds like you siezed it. You should warm it up fully before riding it at all. It might of been a cold seizure.

I was warming it up 5min before I ever took off. I cruise for a bit just to make sure before I hammer on it.

Probably siezed the piston in the cylinder. You'll probably have to have the cylinder re-plated and put in a new piston, ring, etc. Since it's an older bike, you will definitely want to check everything out before sending anything out for work. If the bottom end is tired, you may as well go through that as well if you're going to do anything.

Pull the pipe and look in the exhaust port. That will tell ya wether or not you stuck/damaged the piston. If piston looks ago, got to tear it down and look elsewhere.....big end bearing, crank bearing, etc etc. If piston not ok, got to pull the top end and check the extent of damage.

my old blaster did the samething, come to find out, my cylinder broke off and pieces went into the bottom end, everytime i rode that thing, no lie every single time i took it to the trails something broke every f'ing time!

I pulled the head off (is that what it's called??) and the cylinder looks fine but is at the very bottom of the stroke. I'll get the engine removed from the bike this weekend and tear it apart next week.:applause:

hi guys, i have had a similar problem, i have pulled the barrell off my bike and found the big end is seized. is the big end in these a roller bearing and also because of the seizure will i need a new crank???

Now I'm completely confused. I put the bike in gear and was turning the rear tire, which was turning the piston - clutch engaged and disengaged. When I put a ratchet on the retaining nut for the clutch I could turn the engine over and everything goes up and down smoothly.

My clutch has rust on the surface. I need a new bike:o

i have an rm 125 and my brother pinned it second gear down a long straightaway blew a crank bearing and cost me 150 bucks plus my time to rebuild it, i'd suggest tearing it down and getting a better look

Now I'm completely confused. I put the bike in gear and was turning the rear tire, which was turning the piston - clutch engaged and disengaged. When I put a ratchet on the retaining nut for the clutch I could turn the engine over and everything goes up and down smoothly.

My clutch has rust on the surface. I need a new bike:o

It's pretty common for the bike to free up again once everything's cooled down.