Sign in to follow this  

I have reached the Pinnicle of riding...

that place was cool the first time i saw it.

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

It is about 50 miles round trip from mick city. Sorry Krannie i do not mean to steal your thunder.

haha, in the 1st picture, i was like, ".....uh whats so special about some little mounds that they deserve a sign??" Then in the 3nd picture i realized how big they actual are. Wish we had rides like that in Hawaii...but i can't complain.

...but i can't complain.

:applause::lol: no I think not. lol I seen some pictures of the riding there

...I meant, I reached Pinnicles riding today.....Thanks to DD and Ericka.SpanglerwithDD3-1.jpg

SpanglerwithDD3.jpg

Another place i need to check out.

...I meant, I reached Pinnicles riding today.....Thanks to DD and Ericka.SpanglerwithDD3-1.jpg

SpanglerwithDD3.jpg

Now I see how it is, can't go riding with the fat old guy, but you can go riding with a hot chick on a quad. I think I'm going to go and :applause:

Looks like fun guys, maybe next time I can come out.

Rode there from El Mirage on a self guided dual sport ride. (225 miles)

Pretty strange place.

Planet of the Apes???

Yes.

You should have seen the zoo that was that place during filming.

Now I see how it is, can't go riding with the fat old guy, but you can go riding with a hot chick on a quad. I think I'm going to go and :applause:

Looks like fun guys, maybe next time I can come out.

DD is very considerate to the desert Flora: he made sure we always stayed right on the trails: in the deepest, nastiest, whooped trails available. I did get a wake up call about my suspension. It is still set up for a year ago when I was slower and fatter. I need to re-set my sag, and add 10cc of fork oil, for sure. DD could sit on my bike with the Guts tall seat and touch his feet flat: but he couldn't do that on his own regular seated bike. I'm too soft in the rear (that's what she said).

Looking forward to going out again with a bit less sag in the rear.

Where exactly is this Trona Pinnacles? I am originally from So Cal. Still have sibilings over in Phelan. I have never heard of this Trona Pinnacles. Looks like a great place to explore.

Did you guys know that scenes from the latest "Planet of the Apes" movie was filmed at the pinnicles? I might have the scene pics burried in a box somewhere.