Sign in to follow this  

Heavy duty foot peg mount & clutch cable

I am working on a CRF 50 and a CRF 70; does the CRF 50 heavy-duty foot peg bar also fit the CRF 70? On the CRF 50 I just installed the OGM 125CC MONSTER ENGINE, the stock peg cross bar hits case with this engine. I can notch the crossbar or put spacers between the engine and the peg bar, I would rather not have to do either of these modifications. Do the heavy-duty aftermarket foot peg bars clear on this type of installation? Also the clutch cable they sent is too short! It is not like the old days at the pars counters anymore, I called several shops and in less I have a specific make, year & model they can’t help with the clutch cable! Any suggestions? I would appreciate any recommendations or suggestion based upon your experience with these bikes.

Bart

:applause:

Yes, the 50 one will also fit the 70. I don't know what to say about the clutch cable. i routed mine differently. I would get a aftermarket pegs and mount to keep from hitting. Let us know how you like the motor!!!

We picked up a new peg bar for a CRF 70 and it fits the OMG engine and clears the cases! The stock 70 OEM Honda peg bar is a little wider, we held them up to each other for a comparison. I ordered a CR 85 clutch cable from Honda but there is not enough slack in the cable to fit. Ordered a custom cable from Motion Pro Custom cables with 5" free slack on the end, works awesome!

Thanks,

Bart

:applause: