Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know if a 2000 drz s has a rev limiter

Hey , I just bought a 2000 drz 400s. I didnt get a owners manual with it and was just wondering if it had a rev limiter.:lol: Iv been riding a RMX for the last four years and I really dont know much about the new 4 strokes. I really like the smooth 4 stroke power, I think after a pipe and a 14 front sprocket Ill love it.:applause:

Yes, the cdi limits the revs to 10,000 rpm on the s, 10,500 on the e.

yes they have a limiter.they say 10k on the s or sm but its actually 9.5k

yeah you get there real quick most the time (06 SM)i try to stay at about 85-90% of revs nice power and drive at that range but you get up to the speed limit real fast.... so keep an eye out for police(and drive safe dont be a fool and end up hurting yrself or others)

Thanks, This site is great. I cant wait to get some knobbys on the drz and get it into the woods. Iv got one more question, the bike only starts in neutral. Is there some way to bypass that safty? I can just see me getting into a bind on a hill or something and trying to find neutral so i can start the bike.

Yep, that sounds like what im looking for. Ill give it a shot, its got to make life easier riding in the woods.

Thanks

I dunno.. on my SM, I'm seeing RPMs climb to almost 11,000 under throttle power. It might have to do with how fast you were climbing when the rev limiter kicked in. The rev limiter is no less than 10,000 anyway -- I hit that all the time.

I once purposely bounced mine off the rev-limiter to feel where it was. Those kind of revs feel ridiculously high on a 400 single.

I can't imagine ever hitting it unintentionally, in an off road situation.

10K is pretty high, but I've hit it a few times. Always in first and doing Supercross style takeoffs. Other than that I tend to lug the engine most of the time.