Sign in to follow this  

TTR 230 Sprocket update!

Just reading through some old TT archives and saw that the Blaster quad front sprocket will work on the 230 :lol: and it just so happens that I currently own 2 Blasters and have had a half dozen or so Blastys and had some left over front sprockets from my old Vito's 240 blaster I used to have, the stocker on the 230 is a 13 and I put a 12 on it, didnt have to take off the chain or anything fit perfect, did readjust it though, it rips,:lol: huge diffrence. Since no one makes any diffrent size sprockets for the rear, this is the next best thing. The range of gears are so much more useable combined with the rejetting and Big Gun exhaust it fly's, Im stoked, to bad its Sunday night and I have to work every day this week and can't ride again til Saturday.:applause:

Sweetness, cool that it works out for you. I'll have to try that when I get my pilot jet and do all the uncorking in the spring. This may be a stupid question, but being that the Blaster sprocket is compatable are all the aftermarket ones compatable too?

yes, all the blaster front sprockets will work, and a 14 will kill any power you thought your bike had, with one tooth higher front someone with a 12 tooth front will leave you so far behind you wont be able to see him. It takes alot more HP to run a larger front sprocket and be fast. Is it a dual sport conversion, because when my bike had the 13 front it kinda just fell on its nose in sixth gear and barely gained any speed, and the lower gears werent very useable as they are now, I love the 12 tooth.

With a 12 tooth are you taking off in 2nd or 3rd all the time ? I did the same as Airbourne and most others by going to the 14 tooth and LOVE it. The stock 13 was WAY too low.

Interesting. Would of thought your 12 tooth would be great for tight turns, track type, but not on open ground where the 14 tooth would benefit. Might try it though, to see for myself. Did you need to take out any links for your 12 tooth?

Interesting. Would of thought your 12 tooth would be great for tight turns, track type, but not on open ground where the 14 tooth would benefit. Might try it though, to see for myself. Did you need to take out any links for your 12 tooth?

No, just readjust,theres plenty of adjustment. I ride mostly technical single track trails and the 12 works perfect, 2cnd gear to the top of 6th are pullin fast and strong, I always take off in first because its easier on the clutch, first will last much longer, I just replaced the clutch plates and springs about a month ago because I bought the bike used and didnt know what oil the guy ran, I think he ran car oil, so I felt more confident just replacing em.:applause: