New Texas OHV sticker program

I just found out today that Texas has enacted an OHV sticker program.

An OHV decal is now required by law for all individuals operating an OHV in Texas in an area that is located on public land, or on lands that have been purchased with Texas Parks & Wildlife Department OHV grants.

It's $8 a year. I guess that means I'll no longer need to buy the Colorado sticker at $15.25 because the Texas sticker will be good there.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/ohv/buy.phtml

I dont want to sound argumentative (or like an OKIE) but I bet Trailryder 42 will agree with me. If the rangers in the Texas Panhandle had had a sticker to enforce they would durn shore enforce it. They would have their lights and sireens on and drawin down on all the little 10 year olds riding 4 wheelers without helmets and takin 8x10 glossies and havin a grand old time. I cant believe they would have missed it for more than a year. Also the bike shops would be telling us about it. We have been riding the Canadian river for 50 years for free. Personally I am all for a sticker or an admision if it keeps some of the rif raf and OKIES out. Lake MacKenzie has allways been a very clean place partially because they charge admission. Its cheaper to just go dump your old stove or water heater in a ditch or at the Canadian River where they dont charge admission. I know a sticker is not the same as admission. Here in OKIELAND they charge admission just about everywhere I have ridden so far. You should see the parking facility at Lake Draper in OKC where they charge admission. Its terrific. Its all paved and you back your truck down into these little deppresions that run in a loop around the parking lot. Theres nice lawn like grass allmost everywhere else. Too bad the riding area is not as interesting as the parking lot.

Man I cant believe you Texicans are gonna let an ignert OKIE have the last werd

We're not! In fact we're on our way to his garage to beat the snot out of him!....and I'm gonna steal his chain, wait till he fires up, dumps the clutch, and nothing moves!

LOL I ABSOLUTELY KNOW Okies ain't smart enough to check the chain before a ride. But really, I'm glad Okie Homer is there...if it didn't suck so much, Texas would drift off into the gulf and be an island!

Interesting thread. I've known about this sticker for a year, ever since I bought my kids bikes used. I looked around the internet for info on parks to ride at and found that on the parks and wildlife page, but it didn't say where to get one. I asked at 2 of the places that are now listed on that link as places to buy the sticker and neither had any idea what I was talking about. I asked the guy at the gate at Marshall Creek and he said it wasn't being enforced.. I asked several riders there about it and no one had heard of it. One guy had 2 3-week-old bikes he'd bought brand new and hadn't heard of it. Sales guy never mentioned it. Met him a few weeks later and he said he'd looked it up on the internet but couldn't find a shop near him that knew about it. Just printed that page and will ask Cycle Center of Denton this week.