Looks like I got Scamed

Put an add on TT looking for a head assembly for 02 YZ250F. Received this email

yes,it comes with valve buckets and shims-bondi engines massaged the head a bit,nice work-not a full port,just cleaned everything up. i am in saskatoon, but the head is actually coming from my sisters house in guelph,ontario. so are we talking 300 canadian,plus shipping? let me know if you're interested - good head at a really good price. i would take 300 cdn plus 30 canadian. paypal is preferred. wil get it sent same day payment is recieved-if no paypal,moneyorder will also work.thanks.i also have a bunch of performance stuff for the yz250f's,let me know if you need anything else.-tyler

Sent money order 3wks ago which he confirmed he rec'd. Will not return emails or provide a shipping number. My fault for trusting someone, it's only 330 bucks but I really needed the head for an ice race. His name on TT "saskmx138" or twengel@shaw.ca. When I look up his TT profile it say he posted "billons" BEWARE!!:applause:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe try reporting this to Brian or Bryan and they might be able to help you out. Or maybe they could ban this dude from ever being able to post here again. Either way good luck with everything....

Wow that is just f'n crooked! how can you say only 330 bucks? I would be pissed off quite a bit if it was $10, let alone 330!! I would call the local police in his town and tell them about it. They may be able to help you find him, also if the money crossed borders, it could be a scam, and maybe the fbi or canadian equivilent would help out?

I looked at his profile. How in the heck does it say he has so many posts yet still show him as a newbie? I may be wrong but I think this guy is definitely up to something. It would take several lifetimes to make that many posts. I think his IP address should be blocked from TT unless there is a logical explanation. :applause:

Good luck with getting the parts or your money back. I hate to say it but I agree that you probably got scammed.

I looked at his profile. How in the heck does it say he has so many posts yet still show him as a newbie? I may be wrong but I think this guy is definitely up to something. It would take several lifetimes to make that many posts. I think his IP address should be blocked from TT unless there is a logical explanation. :applause:

Good luck with getting the parts or your money back. I hate to say it but I agree that you probably got scammed.

X2, even click "find all posts started by saskmx138"

Or even threads...

That's why you should always use paypal with a credit card. Then you can file through paypal and if they don't do anything you go through your credit card company and they will. That's the safest way to purchase stuff online that I know of.

It could have been alot more than $330.00, It ticks me off which I am hunting the guy down as we speak.

Looks like saskmx138 has ripped off another TT Member

This ad posted by saskmx138 Feb 8th, 2007

Brand new in box-Pro circuit ti4 with header-retails for 800 bucks-get it here for way cheaper-Selling this yamaha stuff for a friend that recently got out of the sport- have lots more pro circuit,etc yamaha yzf trick stuff. will be posting it soon-but ask,he has tons-Paypal preferred,or moneyorder and local pickup will work too. Shipping anywhere in North America flat rate of 30 dollars on this.May fit the 07,not exactly sure...

Ragdoll 1 posted this March 4th "pice of shit stay away rip off"

https://www.thumpertalk.com/classifieds/member.php?uid=129970&ppaction=readfeed

I do have the receipt, I call Canada Post this morning and they confirmed it has been cashed. I don't think they can do anything once it's been cashed. He's also scamming people on motocross.com, we are going to catch him. Saskatoon is not that far away. He could have several user names.

Do you have the money order receipt? I think you can get the money order cancelled if you bring the receipt into the bank or post office you got it from.

I dunno bout canada, but if from a post office, and a scammer uses a postal money order, now it becomes a federal offence :applause: