Sign in to follow this  

Air Fliters for KX's

As some of you know, I bought my KX 250 not that long ago, and had to change the air filter, so I picked one up at my local Kaw / KTM dealer. They sell the UNI filters, so I stuck the pup on. Now, I also have a UNI on my Supermoto Husky 450, but un oiled as we don't have a big dirt section to race through, and none during practice.

I'm curious as to what filters you folks run and just as importantly why.? i.e. if you've had issues with any brand.

I've run stock, Uni, No-Toil, and Twin Air. I like Twin Air the best simply because it is smaller, so I scrape less dirt off removing it and squish less oil out installing it.

I'm curious, why do you run un-oiled for the supermoto?

A foam filter is very ineffective when dry.

twin air rips real easy, i found the uni i put in my kx fit funny. i just now bought 4 no toil filters and the first one i put in fit PERFECT :applause: i cant wait to clean the notoil filter

twin air rips real easy

Really? I've had one in my KDX for about a year and a half, probably cleaning it every other week on average. Has held up just fine. What did you clean yours with?

I use the Uni filters on everything. I also use the pro-seal peice so I don't have to deal with greasing the filter. I just oil the filter with PJ1 spray and slap it in there. :applause:

A Twin Air is my main filter, but lately it's been swapped out with a Ready Racing filter if one is clean, then I'll clean the Twin Air and rotate it back in. So I guess it's a 50/50 split with the RR's and the Twin Air.

Boy, lot's different brands, and alternitives ...:lol:

I appreciate all the replies....thank you..:applause:

i used twin air on my cr450 but it ripped around the rim on the filter, all of the 6 twin airs i had. but they were good filters overall

Why do some of you guys use No Toil oil on other filters? Is there something about their filters you don't like? I am real happy with mine, its a good fit and traps 100% of the dirt. I heard their oil will actually damage the glue of UNI filters.

Speaking of oil, do you guys use the spray, or drench your filter..?

Speaking of oil, do you guys use the spray, or drench your filter..?

I buy it on by the jug.

Why do some of you guys use No Toil oil on other filters? Is there something about their filters you don't like? I am real happy with mine, its a good fit and traps 100% of the dirt. I heard their oil will actually damage the glue of UNI filters.

I've never had any problems using No-Toil with UNI, and I have been using that combo for over a year. I think its just a sales pitch by No-Toil saying you have to buy their filters.

Greg, I use a White Brothers two stage filter (recommended by my suspension guy) with No Toil.

Like Adam said, you'll definitely want to oil your filter for it to work effectively.

Karl

Greg, I use a White Brothers two stage filter (recommended by my suspension guy) with No Toil.

Like Adam said, you'll definitely want to oil your filter for it to work effectively.

Karl

I definitly oil my KX filter. As for my Husky SM, I was told by one of the leading Husky race team members not to oil it for supermoto, due to the little bit of dirt the tracks do have, and it's usually hard packed.

Uni filter and Uni pour on oil. Clean the filter with dawn dishwashing soap. (no harsh chemicals needed to cut the Uni oil). You know, any good air filter will work if it fits and is cleaned and oiled properly. I use UNI because I've always used UNI and they last for years, are tough, and don't let in any fine dust at all. Plus the filter is two stage which makes cleaning easier. Outside coarse filter and inside fine filter. But if you find something that works for you and you like it, use it.