Sign in to follow this  

Tires

It's probably been covered before, but where does everyone go for there tires online? Chaparral has the Maxxis IT's the cheapest but I'm not paying another $9 a tire for handling charges.

I have had the maxxis IT's before and I don't really like them. They're good if you want a tire that lasts a long time, but if it's muddy outside you better just stay inside with these tires.

Since I have not tried to mount tires yet( I know all I have to do is do it to learn how) I buy my tires from Cycle gear because the cheaper mounting outweighs what I saved by buying tires on the net.

I got some starcrosses from a local shop. I recently bought the tire changer from harbor freight that 4strokes.com was raving about. I've mounted skidsteer tires for years so mounting tires is nothing new. Can't wait to try this changer out.

I got some starcrosses from a local shop. I recently bought the tire changer from harbor freight that 4strokes.com was raving about. I've mounted skidsteer tires for years so mounting tires is nothing new. Can't wait to try this changer out.

How much was it?

the tire changer? On sale for $40 for the main part and $40 for the motorcycle attachment. Normally it's $50 for the moto attachment and $70 for the main changer.

OK, Tell me (newbie) 1. whats so bad about the stock Pirelli's that are still on my 04 150, 2. How to tell when to change them, & 3. what works for you guys in trails that are mostly sand.Thanks!

OK, Tell me (newbie) 1. whats so bad about the stock Pirelli's that are still on my 04 150, 2. How to tell when to change them, & 3. what works for you guys in trails that are mostly sand.Thanks!

1. They just plain suck. I guess it's because the way the knobs are. I found a huge improvement when I swapped.

2. Some people change them when the knobs start to round, while others run them until there bare.

3. I have a Maxxis IT on the front and Bridgestone M402 on the rear. They seem to do well in the trails and stuff, but I never tried them on sand.

I have been really pleased with the Michelin MS2. They are cheaper than dunlop, work excellent especially in the mud and sand, and hold up to alot of abuse. The MH2 has the same open tread pattern, but has a different rubber compound for CHP.:applause:

I just bought a pair of Maxxis ITs from the TT store; paid <$8.00 for shipping and had them here on the Oregon border in three days!

Steve

Found a local shop that will change tires for free if you buy them there & hand them the wheels. OK prices, but with no need to install them it's worth it.

I like to support local shops. About an hour wait time - I go get lunch...

Found a local shop that will change tires for free if you buy them there & hand them the wheels. OK prices, but with no need to install them it's worth it.

I like to support local shops. About an hour wait time - I go get lunch...

I think cyclegear does that too,Ill find out next week when I get a new rear tire...

• Like 1

I think cyclegear does that too,Ill find out next week when I get a new rear tire...

Last I heard they charge for that. Let me know how it works out.

Last I heard they charge for that. Let me know how it works out.

Doh!!!Im probably wrong,thats what I thought the guy that works their said...

Here are some IRCs (look closely) on my CRF230F:

RegerKit2.jpg

No, I mean these (look closely) on my CRF230F:

:applause: Dunno.

Didn't mean to start a guessing game... Mine are Dunlop 803 trials tires...