Stepping Up

My daughter is currently riding a TTR125 and has out grown the thing both physicaly and skill wise.. The ttr125 suspention sucks. She wants a 125 2 stroke. I have looked a the CR and the YZ both look like great bikes and fast as well. I know she is in for a big suprise when she goes from a 4 to a 2 stroke. She stands about 5'4" so the bike will need to be lowered, how low should I go?

I know this is a Yamaha page but has anyone riden both the YZ and CR?? How do they compare for woods riding. Any info is a great help, I want to get a bike that is going to help her improve her skills as well as be fun to ride.

thanks

I used to have a 2005 TT-R 125, but I also out grew it. I went to a 2001 YZ 125 and I love it. I'm 5'9" and can kick it ok as long as I'm on the high side. I don't know how low you should go, I still have stock height. Tell her if she wants to move up, she is going to have to kick it. No e-start here! I ride/ race my YZ in the woods only. With the 6 speed, it is a lot easier. I have not ridden the CR, so don't listen to just me, but I say go with YAMAHA. What years are you looking for? New?

Thanks for the input. She is already a good kick starter the TT-R does not have E start. I will be looking at used and I've read the YZ is a good trail bike as well as on the track.