Pro Circuit's Works Showa Suspension

what is the complete rework from those companies.. RG3 is the only company that will actuly give a price.. but thats with the DLC coating..

2200 bucks or 3k depending on setup.. the PC setup is 6k but you get a complete system and keep your old. how ever you prettymuch need clamps and linkage so add another 1000-1500 to that..

Whats the other places cost with actual valves, springs shims and other parts????

Don't know the cost of having work done, but getting the right valving, springs, and oil height is more than enough for most of us. I rode a KXF250 last year that had that the full Pro Circuit suspension. I went and rode it on a practice day and sure couldn't tell a $6,000 woth of a difference between my setup (not far from stock). Plus since he bought it from someone else (was a pro's old bike) it was set up all wrong for the kid (hello stiffness!).

It was a darn nice bike, though, phew... :applause:

The stuff that RG3, FC, and Race Tech offers is just revalved stock forks ~ which I already have... The reason Pro Circuit's stuff caught my attention is the fact that the fork legs are the huge 49mm tubes that the factory guys use. I think we'll start to see more companies offering "TRUE" works suspension soon as well. Just read in the April 07' Motocross Action;

(Direct Quote):

"A 250F Motocross and Supercross rider can only use kit forks or shocks from the AMA's approved list. These parts must be available for sale from the supplier within 15 business days of the order. The price of the forks cannot exceed $4,500. And the shock can cost no more than $1,750."

Not cheap, but I'm glad that mere mortals will be able to run the same suspension the pro's use for a fairly affordable price!.

This is nothing new, this rule has been around for years and the works kits have been on the market for years. Pro Circuit is not the only company that sells the showa works kit. I know factory connection also offers this kit for the same price with their valving instead of pro circuit's valving. I also saw a company that offered a kayaba works kit for that price, but I can't think of who it was right now.

I'd go with the Black Diamond kit from RG3 or an equivelant of MB1. Both of those companies are extremely customer friendly and everyone I know that had them do work couldn't be happier. I've ridden the Black Diamond kit and it's like nothing I've ever ridden on, truly one hell of an awesome ride.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
The stuff that RG3, FC, and Race Tech offers is just revalved stock forks ~ which I already have... The reason Pro Circuit's stuff caught my attention is the fact that the fork legs are the huge 49mm tubes that the factory guys use. I think we'll start to see more companies offering "TRUE" works suspension soon as well. Just read in the April 07' Motocross Action;

(Direct Quote):

"A 250F Motocross and Supercross rider can only use kit forks or shocks from the AMA's approved list. These parts must be available for sale from the supplier within 15 business days of the order. The price of the forks cannot exceed $4,500. And the shock can cost no more than $1,750."

Not cheap, but I'm glad that mere mortals will be able to run the same suspension the pro's use for a fairly affordable price!.

The actual suspension costs that, but then the techs at the major manufacturers make "unattainable parts" to put into the forks and shocks, and my uncle who owns a honda shop and had Jeremy McGrath there signing autographs years ago told him when he crashed and bent his forks it cost Honda close to 40k to replace......Damn I wish I had that suspension.

The actual suspension costs that, but then the techs at the major manufacturers make "unattainable parts" to put into the forks and shocks, and my uncle who owns a honda shop and had Jeremy McGrath there signing autographs years ago told him when he crashed and bent his forks it cost Honda close to 40k to replace......Damn I wish I had that suspension.

Why it's not going to make you a better rider. Most people think that works suspension will magically make you a better rider. It is actually bad for some people because it is too rigid. Getting your suspension set up is more than enough for the average motocross rider.