Sign in to follow this  

Question for the Thumpettes

How many of the lady riders on TT are members of motorcycle clubs or associations that give you a price break on membership?

The reason I ask is that my local club gives the ladies a 50% discount on membership fees. The male adult riders pay $400, while the women adult riders pay $200 (the kids 12-17 pay $200 also). I want to find out if this is a common practice.

I belong to a dirt and street club. And all I have to say is

HOLLY thats a lot of money :applause::lol: :lol:

Wats all included with those fees?

A yearly membership includes unlimited access to the track (located in an industrial area in Calgary, Alberta) when the track is open for riding. FYI, it's the same riding park that hosts the Calgary round of the Canadian MX Nationals.

There are several different tracks for varying skill level riders in the park. There also 2 minicycle tracks, a flat oval track, an Arenacross track (new), and 4 other tracks within the park.

Our track is the same price for everyone. But it turns out to be a family membership, if I understand it correctly. Ours is $350/year but I guess there is a refund at the end of the year if you work a certain amount of time and the final billing is $150.

But you have to work 7 hours to get keys to the track. But I'll stand there and flag a few races to have unlimited access!

well that is one of several reasons why I dont ride track. I belong to associations and a moto club. Our dues are 30.00 per year and occasionally we rent a track for a day and whoever is interested pays and we incorporate more people outside the club if the numbers are too low and it makes it more affordable. It seems unfair for guys to pay more but I guess it is incentive to get the girls out there or interested in the sport?

I just payed 600. for 2 days of moto school that included some cracked ribs and bruised organs for free. Well it least I got the technique down and can back a bike into a corner. Their motto is...if your not slidin your not ridin! it should be if your not crackin your lackin!

I recommend it to anyone! American Supercamp

How many of the lady riders on TT are members of motorcycle clubs or associations that give you a price break on membership?

The reason I ask is that my local club gives the ladies a 50% discount on membership fees. The male adult riders pay $400, while the women adult riders pay $200 (the kids 12-17 pay $200 also). I want to find out if this is a common practice.

so do girls between 12-17 pay 100?? :applause:

Our yearly membership is $25 for a family or $20 for a single. Includes a monthly newsletter, yearly Christmas party and other events many of which the club provides food & drink for.

No discount for gender or age but we've picked up a LOT of women and families in the 7 years I've been in the club so I'm now in good company! The guys were great when I was the only woman on the ride but it's more fun to have some more good women riders to ride with.

Our club has a set single fee first year $75 & $85 each additional year. For each additional member (family package) add $5. extra.

D-36 does not discriminate. Women pay the same as men, and I like it that way. Paying less than the men would be like "Ladies Night" and we all know that is just.....wrong.

• Like 1

Unfortunatly in my experience Clubs are not a good idea. Not to say the ones you all are involved in aren't. It's just that I have seen a few in a few different states that are very um....screwed up (for lack of better turms). They require many things of the riders. So many miles a year on bike, MUST be available for events, have to pays hundreds of dollors, I've even heard of one that wouldn't let women in if they weren't married (I don't know the reason for that). i ride for me, no one else. I ride when I want to where I want to. I just don't like anyone putting regulations on what I do. The ladies that I ride with want to start a ladies riders club here. I'm not to inthused about it. At first it sounded really neat, just all the girls getting to gether once a month for dinner and once a month for a Ladies ride. Well then they started talking about gathering money...wait what....money?....And asked me if I wanted to be the treasurer. I pretty much just let the whole idea go at that point. I'm not working right now first off, so they want me to ask hubby for money so I can be part of a lady rider group....Not about to happen.

Anyway, sorry, rant off

It may be a fine group. Just be cautious of what you get into.

We all pay the same price here .. the kids may get a slight discount and the track that we ride on is a CMRC national track as well.

Unfortunatly in my experience Clubs are not a good idea. Not to say the ones you all are involved in aren't. It's just that I have seen a few in a few different states that are very um....screwed up (for lack of better turms). They require many things of the riders. So many miles a year on bike, MUST be available for events, have to pays hundreds of dollors, I've even heard of one that wouldn't let women in if they weren't married (I don't know the reason for that). i ride for me, no one else. I ride when I want to where I want to. I just don't like anyone putting regulations on what I do. The ladies that I ride with want to start a ladies riders club here. I'm not to inthused about it. At first it sounded really neat, just all the girls getting to gether once a month for dinner and once a month for a Ladies ride. Well then they started talking about gathering money...wait what....money?....And asked me if I wanted to be the treasurer. I pretty much just let the whole idea go at that point. I'm not working right now first off, so they want me to ask hubby for money so I can be part of a lady rider group....Not about to happen.

Anyway, sorry, rant off

It may be a fine group. Just be cautious of what you get into.

x2

Clubs and nonprofits are both havens for drama and politics.

x2

Clubs and nonprofits are both havens for drama and politics.

Depends on the leadership. Our club had it's fair share of drama in the past from what I'm told but those people are gone or at least not involved anymore. PANTRA has really grown in the last few years and has earned respect all around the NW from dealers, land managers, and the public. Even the environmentalists know that we will be involved in local land us decisions and that we will be reasonable and hold them accountable.

All I know is that our club works really well and we get things DONE. We have been instrumental in seeing that our trails are kept open and maintained to our standards (narrow, really really narrow). We put in over 800 hours a year on the ground and we only have a little over 100 memberships. Many members just pay dues each year to help support us but many many more are involved in any number of ways, from showing up at events to hosting and organizing events. We seem to attract at least one new member each month and lately we've picked up closer to a half a dozen a month from all the things that we stay involved with.

It all starts with the leadership though.