Sign in to follow this  

is my tps out of spec?

So when I accelerate my bike(03yz250f) sputters about ¼ throttle, on deceleration it pops,

So is the TPS the culprit of this?

--thanks

What type of popping is on decel? Backfiring through the exhaust (rich) or backfiring into the airbox (lean).

Lean will also give a machine gun poppint.

If you get one or two pops on decel, that are light, you are dialed in.

If you are not, adjust the fuel screw as needed. In for leaner, out for richer.

It can be your TPS. If you read your manual, it clearly goes over how to check it.

You can also search for sputtering in this forum. A thread that I started. Sounds like you may have the same problem that I did. TPS adjusting slightly cured the problem...

Also, check your valve clearances.

How does the rest of the jetting feel?

• Like 1

I check the valves, and there doing great, its backfiring out the exhaust, and the jetting feels good,o and I had to bend the float in the carb to.

Did you take apart the jet for the float to ensure that it is not damaged? A line around that tip indicares wear and needs replacing...

Try going in with your fuel screw. If it gets worse, try going out with your fuel screw. Then, count the number of turns out from seated. If it is less than 1, go up on a pilot jet and readjust the fuel screw. If it is more than about 2.5, go down on a pilot jet and readjust the fuel screw.

You want about 1.75 turns out...

What type of popping is on decel? Backfiring through the exhaust (rich) or backfiring into the airbox (lean).

Lean will also give a machine gun poppint.

If you get one or two pops on decel, that are light, you are dialed in.

If you are not, adjust the fuel screw as needed. In for leaner, out for richer.

It can be your TPS. If you read your manual, it clearly goes over how to check it.

You can also search for sputtering in this forum. A thread that I started. Sounds like you may have the same problem that I did. TPS adjusting slightly cured the problem...

Also, check your valve clearances.

How does the rest of the jetting feel?

I went lean with the fuel screw like you said and it runs PERFET now!:lol::applause::lol: thanks!