Stock baffle

Check this out, to let my son ride at someones property we needed to quiet down the BBR pipe on my 230. I took the stock insert and drilled the endcap out of the baffle to open it up a little. I drilled it to the full diameter of the baffle tube.

It created a much better sound and a lot quieter.

The amazing part was the increase in torque. The bike dug this mod big time. I will try his 150 next. I barely rode my bike and really noticed it, my son rode for over an hour and loved it.

BBR pipe owners I believe you have to try this.

The kid was riding on pretty tight trails, so I do not know. He would come out of a corner in 3rd and nail it and the bike flippin' stood up on him every time. I cannot wait to try it more myself.

The BBR always sounded like it would like a lil more backpressure. The stock baffle strangled the living crap out of the power. Drilling the hole in the end of the baffle changed it all. We have strict noise req. here in CA. But I hated the baffle, now it is a different story. Legal and the bike loves it.

I modified the baffle on my 230 but haven't had a chance to try it on a trail yet. I do know that after I re-jetted, opened the air box, and drilled out the baffle I noticed the bike starts easier and the throttle response is much better. Works great around the yard.? Soon as the weather breaks I'll give it the real test.:applause:

i AM ACTUALLY SURPRISED HOW WELL THE LIL BIKE DOES WITH MY FAT ASS.

I bet your son on his 150 can beat you though. It's amazing how much weight can affect a bike. My friend on his stock 150 can almost keep up to my modded 230. Although, the 230 can still grunt up a hill with a tree chained onto the rear.

-Matt

I bet your son on his 150 can beat you though. It's amazing how much weight can affect a bike. My friend on his stock 150 can almost keep up to my modded 230. Although, the 230 can still grunt up a hill with a tree chained onto the rear.

-Matt

In a drag race I can take him, but on some trails after a while I do not even see his dust.

I can not believe no BBR pipe owners have had anything to say.

FATHER AND SON CRF,

What did you do? You scared everyone away! ? hahaha. Yeah, that was the selling point to why I got my BBR pipe. That and the fact that when I got my pipe, it was the only one available. hahaha. Yes, that mod is a good one. It's sort of a secret mod that nobody knows about. :applause:

Now I'm running the EO pipe and just like you are experiencing, with the EO pipe, I get loads of extra torque was of the design of the pipe. A.K.A. backpressure. Surprisingly, I get loads of top end too so somehow I'm looking pretty good in the pipe department.

I plan to put the BBR pipe back on to check out the difference. So far, however, I just can't take the damn thing off. The EO pipe really changed the power of my 150.

has anyone tried that on a stock pipe? power-wise how does it compare to the baffle removed?

my dad currently has the baffle out on his, but in the desert where we go they still seem pretty quiet compared to the big thumpers and smokers with super loud pipes. but if it gives more torque im sure he would really like it. hes not into the high HP, low torque bikes like 2smokes any my Husky, ect.