Sign in to follow this  

Carb is flooding

Hello, this is my first time posting even though I have used the tech articles often. When I changed the jets in a Mikuni carb on a TTR 125 the carb is now flooding, gas in dripping out of the yellow overflow tube and it will not start. I followed the very good article and pictures elsewhere on this site and cannot figure out what I have done wrong. There is not much to screw up on these carbs. I rejetted because I have cut the air box and it was running lean. does anyone have any suggestions?:applause:

Thanks

Phil

When the float bowl is turned upside down the floats do move so should I assume that the needle valve and seat is worn?

Thanks

You are probably noticing the flooding out the over flow while the bike is leaning on the kick stand. Try holding the bike vertically to see if the over flow stops.

Its worn if you can see a groove or ring around the cone part of the needle.

If you got the carb off, simply connect a piece of fuel line to the inlet and turn the carb upside down. if you can blow thru the fuel line, your inlet needle valve is not seating. Make sure your floats are closing it ok just by visual inspection. UNless your floats are way way off, you shouldn't be able to blow thru the fule line if your the inlet needle valve is ok.