Sign in to follow this  

Did you sign up for China Hat?

Sorry to say, if you haven't, you're S.O.L. The event sold out in 10 days.

I actually found china hat the other week by accident! At the moment, I do not have a green sticker bike--would it be okay to take my crf250r there, or are there alor of rangers?

I actually found china hat the other week by accident! At the moment, I do not have a green sticker bike--would it be okay to take my crf250r there, or are there alor of rangers?

From what I understand, green stickers are only a California thing. There are a lot of Rangers at China Hat. This website should tell you everything you need to know about bike requirements http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/recreation/cohvops/required.shtml. You can get a map here http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/recreation/cohvops/efrindex.shtml. The staging areas usually have maps too, but print your own just in case. Your CRF250R will be fine as long as you have a spark arrestor, your less than 99db (lower if possible please), an ATV sticker, and stay off the roads without a plate (even the dirt roads).

I guess I should have added that I'm signed up, #647.

I have miles, and miles of trails behind my house---but it is always good to try something new. It is too bad I can't bring my honda, but owell.

I guess I should have added that I'm signed up, #647.

Hey Kevin,

Looks like I am on the minute in front of you. My number is 446. Out at 9:46.

:applause:

Ace

Im in w/ 3 of my ridin buds. #140

Were out at 9:40.

Don't know why, but my number shows up as 340. I'm on the 9:40 minute though. Ride, what minute are you on?

Don't know why, but my number shows up as 340. I'm on the 9:40 minute though. Ride, what minute are you on?

You know I'm not sure, Scott signed us up. Scott Adam and i are on the same minute.

Hey Kevin,

Looks like I am on the minute in front of you. My number is 446. Out at 9:46.

:applause:

Ace

Cool Ace! Guess I'll be seeing you at the checkpoints. I think Richard Wilson is on your minute as well.

I've never had a minute this early. I guess staying up til midnight paid off!

Don't know why, but my number shows up as 340. I'm on the 9:40 minute though.

If you signed up multiple people with the intention of them being on the same minute, double check that everyone is actually where they are supposed to be. My third guy ended up on a different minute due to some confusion on the form. Apparently if you didn't put the entire group in the "additional riders" section for all three people, they could end up elsewhere. Just paying for them at once didn't ensure the same minute. I contacted the club immediately and they straightened it out. The club is great, the website they contracted with, not so good.

Just a word of advice :applause:

You know I'm not sure, Scott signed us up. Scott Adam and i are on the same minute.

You should have gotten confirmation from them by now...that is, if SGScott really signed you up.

If you ask me, when he rode with us in December I think I detected a little resentment he was still harboring from last year's debaucle and the feeble plan you devised to steal my numbers. He had to ride sportsman class. That's a long drive from the north pole to China Hat just for 40 miles. Yeah, he probably only signed himself up.

I knew I should have stole your number! The plan was to head out right before your minute a little in front of you. Then we would blow every check so when you got there the checker would be like "dude, you were just through here" That would have been awesome :applause: You would have blown every check but be much faster in the specials :lol:

:applause: You would have blown every check but be much faster in the specials :lol:

Aside from blowing the checks, your memory of my performance last year is quite accurate.:lol: 5th in 40AM and 5th in OpenAM...at the same time. And I held back on a couple special tests for guys in front of me. This year I have a secret behind my front plate...maybe I'll get by sooner:D

Ride, you're minute 10:42.

You can go here and enter your name. It should tell you your minute.

10 days hugh, I am very glad we got in, feel special almost.

We got six spots all going out 10:44, #544, I will be the huge dude on the XR650. Really looking forward to it. This will be my third, yet to finish. First year rode 82, pushed 2 and was a mile short. See you there.

This year I have a secret behind my front plate...maybe I'll get by sooner:D

I can attest it scared the crap outta me today.:applause: