Sign in to follow this  

Best Radiator guards?

What kind of radiator guards are you guys running? I'm looking at buying a set and am curious as to who makes the best ones for the money. I noticed two different types in the TT store. I also came across a set of Devol radiator guards in a catalog that are a little bit cheaper but I don't know if they're junk or not. Give me some imput.

thanks

Josh

I run flatland racing their one peice and give you a 1 inch air gap between the rad and the guard which work great when its muddy cost about $80.00

www.flatlandracing.com

I had the works connection braces... I went down pretty hard with them during a few motocross races, good support on the track... then moved to NV, went down once in the desert with them, hit a rock, and put a hole in the side of my rad. I now have Devol guard/braces, havent ridden with them, but seem to have decent protection all around the rad... we'll see..

i like the Devol gaurds, they are pretty sturdy, i've smashed a few radiators with them on the bike, not gonna lie, but you should have seen the crashes and how little they bent in comparison! :applause:

Take a look at the Roosters. Very good protection but a little time consuming to install.

I know Works Connection makes some heavy duty radiator cages for Yamaha, I wonder if they'll make them for the CRF.......So far they're only available for YZF 450's and 250's. If they do come out though, I'll be one of the first to buy them!! My gf has them for her YZ250F and they are super sturdy.

i just bought a 05 450 it has braces on it. they seem really heavy duty. im not sure what brand they are but the guy i bought the bike from says you have to custom fit the plastic to make them work. by custom fit i mean cut some of the inner part of the shroud. so look out for the real bulky ones. mine are a 2 piece setup. ill try to find the name of them. i found identical ones on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CRF450-Radiator-Guards-motocross-dirtbike_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35591QQihZ007QQitemZ170087127466QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW These are heavy duty.

I've got the Devol rad guards, work like they should. They serve as a cage and a brace for the rad's. No air flow problems ( yet )

Ive always run the Devols and they are rock solid!! Devol all the way.