Kawasaki, same as Suzuki ?

Greetings,

New to the site and new to thumpers. I'm looking at purchasing an entry level bike 250 cc which can be road registered. In Oz they are klx 250s, DRz 250 , TTR 250 and XR 250. I'm leaning towards the KLX , however i read somewhere that the Suzuki and kawasaki are identical re running gear. Is this correct? If so, i'll buy which ever one i can get for the best deal.

Also how does the KLX /DRZ compare to the TTR and XR 250's. Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dave

well i had read a lot about those bikes and they say that the RMZ is the best bike out of all those bikes this year. They said most power and very reliable. The second thing is that yes kawisaki did copy suzuki...exactly. But dont get a kawasaki! Not as good help with problems. You will have an easier time getting parts, and help with a suzuki, so i would definatly go with the DRZ...it will definatly be worth it

The ones you mentioned are really to modest on power.

WR 250, CRX 250, Husky 250, KTM 250 are good.

Take a look at the KDX and KTM 200 two strokes, great bikes

that you could really grow with.

my cousin has a ktm 200 and it is an awsome bike it doesnt foul plugs like a normal two stroke he use to foul plugs like 3 times during an enduro and with this new bike he is still on the stock plug and has ran 2 enduros on it not to mention his riding around his house if i had the money that would be my next bike but i love my klx

well i had read a lot about those bikes and they say that the RMZ is the best bike out of all those bikes this year. They said most power and very reliable. The second thing is that yes kawisaki did copy suzuki...exactly. But dont get a kawasaki! Not as good help with problems. You will have an easier time getting parts, and help with a suzuki, so i would definatly go with the DRZ...it will definatly be worth it

moto113 you have no idea what you are talking about the KLX and DRZ are nothing like each other.

ausdave the KLX is the pick of the bunch in Australia because of price and what it has standard.

Whatever you do dont buy the Kawasaki klx250s, it suck's bigtime. Go with the drz400 the ttr 250 or the xr250. I owned a klx250s for about three weeks before I sold it and bought a drz400. It would be unfair to even compare the anemic klx250s to the trusted drz400. Even the yamaha tt250 is better than the klx250s, you cant even do a first gear wheelie on a klx25:crazy:

Cheers

You do not know what your are talking about. yes they did have a bond with each other. they both DECIDED on that onw ace. kawasaki decided to leave becuase suzuki was copying. and for that matter the DRZ is a piece of crap. thye are like huge A@# elaphants. they dont do good of anything.

Whatever you do dont buy the Kawasaki klx250s, it suck's bigtime. Go with the drz400 the ttr 250 or the xr250. I owned a klx250s for about three weeks before I sold it and bought a drz400. It would be unfair to even compare the anemic klx250s to the trusted drz400. Even the yamaha tt250 is better than the klx250s, you cant even do a first gear wheelie on a klx25:crazy:

Cheers

You are an idiot. the only reson it sould not do a wheelie is becuase you were to big of an idiot and thle bike is a dual sport what do you expect. it is NOT A MOTOCROSS BIKE YOU NOOOOOB. you just wanted power and that bike was not going to give it to you. The DRZ sucks in my book my dad had one and he trail rided it and it fell over twice and then we had to push it up a hill becuase the D@#$ thing could not get traction. you must not ride your bike anywhere but up the street. i you had it some where hard core you would sell it too.

You are an idiot. the only reson it sould not do a wheelie is becuase you were to big of an idiot and thle bike is a dual sport what do you expect. it is NOT A MOTOCROSS BIKE YOU NOOOOOB. you just wanted power and that bike was not going to give it to you. The DRZ sucks in my book my dad had one and he trail rided it and it fell over twice and then we had to push it up a hill becuase the D@#$ thing could not get traction. you must not ride your bike anywhere but up the street. i you had it some where hard core you would sell it too.

Dood Ive be riding bikes before your sorry ass was even born. For the record I do own a yamaha xt225 and even that bike does a wheelie, hell my 1976 honda ct70 can wheelie . I didnt buy the klx250 becasue I thought it was a motocross bike you nut. The klx250 is junk, weak anemic and has valve problems, get it ? ? ? ? The DRZ400 is hands down a much better dual sport bike than that hunk o S*it the klx250s. Honestly , Even the kawasaki super sherpa rides better than the klx250s.

Cheers:applause:

Dood Ive be riding bikes before your sorry ass was even born. For the record I do own a yamaha xt225 and even that bike does a wheelie, hell my 1976 honda ct70 can wheelie . I didnt buy the klx250 becasue I thought it was a motocross bike you nut. The klx250 is junk, weak anemic and has valve problems, get it ? ? ? ? The DRZ400 is hands down a much better dual sport bike than that hunk o S*it the klx250s. Honestly , Even the kawasaki super sherpa rides better than the klx250s.

Cheers:applause:

KLXFOOL is right on the money, youre an idiot you dont know shit. The drz is a big pig. Not good for riding in the bush, and too slow for a sm bike. Its big and bulky and i find it is ugly as sin.

I never knew i bike was rated on how good it could do a wheelie, and my klx3 can wheelie just fine. Klx's has minor valve problems, I know guys who have had their bikes for 6 years and havnt opened up their engines. The klx is also light agile and manuverable, cant say that about a drz4.

All,

Thanks for your wide and varied responses. I get the feeling that i've touched a nerve with some people, i'll take on board the constructive comments and leave the rest alone.

I'll keep those who are interested posted on what bike i eventually choose.

Dave

The klx250s is anemic and even with mods it cannot wheelie on its own power:prof: . My biggest mistake with the klx is I didnt test ride it. If I had I would have laughed at the dealer. I would rather ride a 125cc pitster than the klx250s. Hell my 1976 Honda ct70 has more power . Also, the klx250s is only 25pounds lighter than the much more powerfull DRZ400. Those who complain the the DRZ400 is a pig and to heavy to ride tight track are just Puss*es:eek: .

Cheers:busted:

You are stupid. The klx250s and drz250s are nothing alike. Klx-liquid cooling, drz-oil/air cooled. They don't look alike either. The RMZ is a motocross bike you nut. You are retarded.

Cheers

Hmmm... lets see. The drz400 has 150cc difference. Everyone said they are also slow stock. Almost all street legal dirt bikes are going to be slow stock. You are so stupid. :applause::eek:? you're the dude on the bottom, I'm the one hitting you ??:goofy: