Sign in to follow this  

oil change frequency

how often should you change your oil in a wr 250f, bike gets ridden pretty hard at least 1-2 x a week, on dirt, average weekend would run around 100 km:prof: i am currently doing oil change around every 300km or third week, also using motul 10/40, but have just had a valve go and was unsure on best practice. i do the aircleaner every week. appretiate advice guys:ride:

air filter every ride and get some of those filter skins they help keep dust out and change you oil every 5-6 hours and oil filter everyother don't buy those reusable filters you never know if you got all the metal slivers out just toss them away that way you know is out of there

definitely air filter after every ride(no exceptions) and the oil I change after 6-8hr riding, the oil filter I do every third oil change. Just a quick tip: if you wash your bike often, spry wd40 or any water dispersant onto the ends of the spokes, this will stop them rusting.

I change my oil every two to three rides not weeks. After three days of hard trail riding the oil does not look that great. I can not imaging what it would look like after six rides.:applause: I am currently running Shell Rotella T 5 W40 synthetic

I'm running Shell Rotella Synthetic, and I go off hours not rides. Why? What if you have a long trail ride? This puyts more hours on the oil than some moto sessions.

I bought a hour meter, and mounted it to the frame with some double sided tape. I go off of that and change my oil every 3-4.5 hours...

Air filter gets changed depending on condidions. If it's damp out, there usually isn't much dust in the air, so a filter change is not needed. However, on dusty conditions, it may be changed out every ride. All depends on the situation, but usually 1-3 rides...

Oil filter: Since I have a SS filter, it gets cleaned out every oil change. Why not, it's free! However, if you use a brass filter, it can be cleaned once and is replaced on the next time round. Usually, you can get one or two oil changes per cleaning/replacing. On a paper, you cannot clean these, and you can go probably to every other oil change...

Beings Rotella is so cheap I change mine after every ride. Especially now that I installed the Rekluse Z clutch.

i have always changed oil and cleaned my filter every ride for the last 30 years, never had a problem of any kind. you probably dont need to, but how much does it cost if you have a problem, probably more than it cost to change oil.