Sign in to follow this  

Baja 250 Prerun Question

So I'm thinking about doing the start to Ojos run early Friday afternoon. Any comments from anyone on that part of the course? Never ridden it before. I might just top off at the Ojos Pemex and head all the way down to the point where it meets the 3. What do ya'll think?

So I'm thinking about doing the start to Ojos run early Friday afternoon. Any comments from anyone on that part of the course? Never ridden it before. I might just top off at the Ojos Pemex and head all the way down to the point where it meets the 3. What do ya'll think?

Friday or Thursday is probably the best time to pre run the start to Ojos. The course will never be worst and it will leave that impression in your head for Sat morning start. The Ojos Pemex is on Hwy 3, but I think you meant KM 77 or where the goat trail pops out on Hwy 3 north of Valle T?

Either way, Friday is a good day. Most racers are going thru Tech, contingency or prepping in there motels/hotels/homes.:applause:

We just came back from prerunning Ojos to V. Trinidad. nice and fun.

Sand silt is getting worse every day we used a KTM450Sx and a DRZ400E

No problems. The first section is fast and fun just be carefull of chase trucks running back on the road. but manly you will see them till the end of the fence road where the tree splits the road. Be sure to take watter and just be carefull. dont try to run too fast you are not winning anything right:ride:

Our 5 pits (BP) were marked on Saturday by team's President Carlos. He said course was extremely fast, dusty and very windy last Saturday. Classic good course to race on.:lol::applause: We will be out Thursday on our Huskys doing start to Ojos and Hwy 1 road crossing to Santo Tomas.:lol: