Sign in to follow this  

07 250 WRF versus 07 250 EXC-F

Hello Guys,

Getting blind between those two bikes. They seem pretty similar too me, I'm not an expert anyway. I'm 6'' tall and 85kgs.

Any input would be highly appreciated to make the final decision.

Thanks

The KTM will fit you better. The WR is better suited for smaller riders. And the money you will save on suspension will be worth it.:applause:

Offroad nothing can keep up with the KTMs...Their are just too easy to take care of.

Offroad nothing can keep up with the KTMs...Their are just too easy to take care of.

That depends on who's riding them.....:applause:

That depends on who's riding them.....:applause:

So true...He had a KTM avatar already so I didn't get into detail

Both the new WR and the KTMs are going to require modifications including jetting changes. They're making them too lean so they can be legal in California. The new Dirt Rider panned the jetting/set up on the WR450 and 250, and I know from experience that the KTM 250 XCF and XCF-W come out of the box almost unridable.

Both the new WR and the KTMs are going to require modifications including jetting changes. They're making them too lean so they can be legal in California. The new Dirt Rider panned the jetting/set up on the WR450 and 250, and I know from experience that the KTM 250 XCF and XCF-W come out of the box almost unridable.

Call Sudco (800)998-3529 and order "EKP/017-685" needle, put the clip in the #4 position, fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out, needle is about $10. Or call HT Racing and talk to Bill (714)293-6535. Bill has needles, a great header pipe, heck, just send him your motor and make a 315 out of it.

Whats the ball park on cost on the 313 upgrade?

$1,200 with engine out of the frame, includes stage 2 porting of the cylinder head. If you give Bill the whole bike it's an additional $150 to R and R engine.