Sign in to follow this  

Anyone hate their kickstand?

Does anyone know of a way to modify the kick stand so it doesnt always kick up when you touch the bike. I think it is very annoying and not safe. I've looked at it and am thinking about modifying it so it does not do this, anyone else done this?? Thanks

I think everyone has done that mod! I had Tasky install a different bolt before my bike left the shop. Just cut off the outter part of the kickstand bolt (or replace it).

I very much LIKE the side stand..but then again..it's the same on my KTM LC4e and every Duc I've ridden.

I know they can't be left down :applause:

Hated mine - THEN I fell down enough times that I somehow tweaked it and - VOILA! Now I practically have to raise it all the way by hand (or foot). Once up it is up to stay, no floppiness.

If anyone would like me to "modify" thiers in the same way just bring your bike to Reno - I'll be happy to ride it around for a month or two until I get the kickstand bent just right for you.:applause:

... or you could modify the bolt, but that's a much less interested method...

First mod I did to the bike, the minute I got it home the bolt was changed,

My theory a stand should stand your bike up :applause: .

Immagine at an enduro your bike is in parc ferme and it falls on the whole line up :lol: the other owners will be :lol: I hope you can can convince them not to beat you up :eek:

Definately worth modifying it!

I had the dealer do it before I picked it up. Those wacky Europeans! :applause:

I must be in the minority, I have always loved the "auto retract" set up. I automatically have my boot following the stand up as it goes into it's retracted position. And that sucker never moves or flops about when riding. To each their own. We all have different tastes and ideas!!! Enjoy the ride!!! R

Hate it.

I'm re-doing my Triumph right now but afterwards, that will be amongst the first few things to go...

The Husky kickstand is the first thing I remove. The heel of my size 12 boots always ends up knocking it down when I ride. It only took one time of it coming down over a jump to teach me to remove them. I tried the rubberband thing too but my heel still pushes down on the springs. The auto retract scares me around my 2 little boys also. aaah well that's why God made trees right, so we could lean our dirtbikes up against 'em.

Not to highjack, but what kickstands are you TC guys using? Need one.

I like my kickstand. It worries me it may hurt itself it self retracts so boisterously. I try and catch it half way up with my boot so it doesn't get bruised. :applause:

I also always give the bike a little tug onto the stand to extend the forks a little and make sure my wheel is turned. I don't feel at all that the bike is unstable or that it might fall over. Sure hasn't yet. :lol:

Hate it. If you're short (5'9"), dealing with getting on and off is bad enough without a kickstand with a mind of it's own. I almost dropped the bike several times because of it. Modded the bolt and all is good.

Hate it. If you're short (5'9"), dealing with getting on and off is bad enough without a kickstand with a mind of it's own. I almost dropped the bike several times because of it. Modded the bolt and all is good.

I don't mind the kickstand. Just takes a little gettin used to. Being short (5'9") I find it easier to get underway.

my dremels disc wheel ground the outer bolt portion off in about 1 minute. like it now frank

I must be in the minority, I have always loved the "auto retract" set up. I automatically have my boot following the stand up as it goes into it's retracted position. And that sucker never moves or flops about when riding. To each their own. We all have different tastes and ideas!!! Enjoy the ride!!! R

Your not the only one, I actually really like the auto retract.:applause:

ya i like it too, juts takes some getting used to i guess, and its all personal preference. but now when i ride a bike without the auto retract i sometimes forget to raise it lol

another note, dont have a car behind you when you get on the bike(with the auto-retract), especially when your on gravel :applause:

I watched a guy drop a MV Agusta F4 750 once because it had auto-retract. In front of a LOT of people. You could hear the gasp from the crowd when it crunched into the pavement:crazy: :applause: