Sign in to follow this  

Just bought an '04 cr125 for my son.

Got a couple of questions about this '04 CR125 I bought for my son.

It came with the late model twin chamber 45mm forks on it. The 50mm forks on my wr250 have the compression adjusters on the top and rebound on the bottom. Are the 45 twin chambers the same?

Also, the revalved rear shock is rather stiff for my son. It has a 5.4kg spring on it. I have a 4.8 yamaha yz spring that appears to be the same dimensions. The ID of the spring appears to be about .0020" smaller than the husky spring which does not seem like a lot. Does anyone know if these springs will swap?

Lastly, there seems to be a lot of stiction in the rear suspension. Any advice as to where I should look for the cause?

Thanks

-Rich

Rich,

I don't know about twin chamber forks(I didn't think CR125 got them until '06). On the stiction... It could be the bushing by shock seal, but I would check swingarm, lower shock and linkage bearings. I have a 5.0kg spring off a spare 125 shock, that I would swap for your 5.4.

Norman

Norman,

I pulled the swingarm and linkage and everything is fine there.

The shock was revalved and I don't know how tight it is, Whatever it is is super stiff even for me. I have the rebound all the way out and it's still like syrup.

I'll pull the shock spring and see if I can compress the shock w/o it.

Yes, I'd love to swap the spring with you. Pls send me your address.

Lastly, how to you bleed those crappy brembo front brakes...both my Husky's have air in them that I cannot seem to bleed away!

Thanks

There are about a million post on bleeding brembos at ktmtalk. You could spend a couple days reading them all.

What worked well for me was to first push the pads out all the way. Then back bleed and work the syringe back and forth to loosen any air bubbles. Next I followed up with a miti vac. If you use a mitivac you have to wrap pipe tape around the nipple threads first.

A quick temporary fix is to push your knee against the front caliper to press the pads all the way out, then pump the lever. It will usually firm up a mushy front brembo.

If you really like firm brakes though I would just go to ebay and find a nissin.

There are about a million post on bleeding brembos at ktmtalk. You could spend a couple days reading them all.

What worked well for me was to first push the pads out all the way. Then back bleed and work the syringe back and forth to loosen any air bubbles. Next I followed up with a miti vac. If you use a mitivac you have to wrap pipe tape around the nipple threads first.

A quick temporary fix is to push your knee against the front caliper to press the pads all the way out, then pump the lever. It will usually firm up a mushy front brembo.

If you really like firm brakes though I would just go to ebay and find a nissin.

I have a spare Nissin. Are the brake line threads the same? Will it bolt right up?

Thanks

I have a spare Nissin. Are the brake line threads the same? Will it bolt right up?

Thanks

I think it takes a differnt banjo bolt. If you search ktmtalk you can probably get the full details and even a part number.

I like the brake set to engage as close to the grip as possible so the brembo works for me but I have considered the swap just because the nissin feels better and is so much easier to get the air out of.

hi.

The 45mm front marzocchi fork isn't with twin chamber.I purchased a 2004 and now i've a 2005 and only the 2006 have twinchambers.

The 45' have the compression on bottom and the rebound on top.

The Kayaba spring aren't good in Sachs rear shock.

Have you check the SAG??

On my Husky Cr125 05 I mount Nissin-Honda pump but I've to use a stock Jap screw, like all Nissin.It' different from euro-pump like brembo.

Anyway...the new system with nissin+brembo is cool!

I tryed also a front wave Braking disk but it feel too aggressive...and I always in woods and mud, and it seems to me too difficoult to use, so i replace stock rotor.

bye

Zac

hi.

The 45mm front marzocchi fork isn't with twin chamber.I purchased a 2004 and now i've a 2005 and only the 2006 have twinchambers.

The 45' have the compression on bottom and the rebound on top.

The Kayaba spring aren't good in Sachs rear shock.

Have you check the SAG??

On my Husky Cr125 05 I mount Nissin-Honda pump but I've to use a stock Jap screw, like all Nissin.It' different from euro-pump like brembo.

Anyway...the new system with nissin+brembo is cool!

I tryed also a front wave Braking disk but it feel too aggressive...and I always in woods and mud, and it seems to me too difficoult to use, so i replace stock rotor.

bye

Zac

I have the 06 forks. Is the compression on top or bottom?

Just figured out the rear binding was caused by the previous owner installing the bearing sleeves backwards. He had one on each side rather than both on the inside. This caused the swingarm to twist and bind wearing out the swingarm pivot in the process. Finally got it back the right way and now it feels like a normal rear suspension.

Compression is on the bottom, rebound on the top.

Thanks, I was confused becasue the 50mm's on my 250 are the other way around.

Just yesterday I bought my 13 year old an 2004 Husqvarna cr 125. I'd like to know if there are any aftermarket or oem skid plates, kicstands (unfortunally ProMotoBillet doesn't carry one for it), radiator guards and a cushy seat, a-la Enduro Engineering for KTM (which is what he had before). Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Luciano in San Diego.

Just yesterday I bought my 13 year old an 2004 Husqvarna cr 125. I'd like to know if there are any aftermarket or oem skid plates, kicstands (unfortunally ProMotoBillet doesn't carry one for it), radiator guards and a cushy seat, a-la Enduro Engineering for KTM (which is what he had before). Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Luciano in San Diego.

Call Halls Cycles in Ohio and they have all this stuff.

I have a Guts tall seat on my wr250. It is like a skyscraper! and I have only a 30" inseam.