Sign in to follow this  

Oh man, where has KTM been all my life!

Ok, so I finally gave my 450 it's first real good ride. Having come off a DRZ400e, this baby is absolutely infreakincredible. I really never would have guessed there would be so much of a difference, as I really thought the world of that DRZ. It's no lie though, all the advancements from my '02 DRZ to this '04 450 are like trying to compare tractors to Porche's. Needless to say I am thrilled. I was able to attack nasty sand whoops at nearly double the speed that I could on the DRZ, even with all the suspension work I had done on it. Must say though, my back has been suffering since Saturday night after the ride. I am trully converted!! :lol::applause:

Welcome to the world of orange! You'll probably never go back, I know I won't (changed from blue to orange).

Next thing you know you'll be wearing KTM shoes and picking out orange shirts at the store and otherwise finding ways to add orange stuff to your life. Shorts, sunglasses, tools, bikinis for your gal, collars for your dog - you could really go crazy. Being a KTM owner is almost like being in a cult!

Have fun!

http://www.ktminfo.com/list_category_items.asp?scriptName=ktm%5Faccessories%2Easp&categoryId=73&subCategoryId=0

http://www.ktmcycles.com/main.htm?gclid=CNGTvJeA3ooCFSeMgAodKCFwvg

My thoughts exactly, as I came off a DRZ to the 04 450 MXC:thumbsup:

You read my mind

I just changed from Yellow to Orange (250 XCFW) and

the only thing that was the same was the rake of the bike.

everything else is just pure bliss.

Regarding the love for Orange comment....

Now even my dog eats on a KTM bowl, :applause:

It is definetly a cult thing.

I'm so glad to be part of the Pumpkin family.

enjoy your new ride

regards,

Charles

It is funny reading about how many people like their KTM's. I ride a 2002 YZ426, but i am looking into getting a 2007 450 XC or EXC dual sport.

But it is like when i try to convince people that a Mac is better than a PC.

Funny how the two relate.

Can't wait to get my KTM. I have a feeling i will love it.

Tight knit group of riders as well.

Mac is better than a PC.

But everyone knows that the Mac is better than the PC.

Do you know what PC stands for?

"Piece of Crap", :applause:

just joking,

Charles

Well I'm about to go from Blue to Orange too !!!, but will be keeping my wr426 so I can remind myslef why I went Orange.

My mate has gone the other way Orange to Blue, can't argue with him we was twice Australian National Enfuro Champ and runner up, he feels the 07 WR450 is what he needs, he did say though he could ride the WR flat out but never could on the KTM.

Anyway they have to be a good thing.

Glad to hear that the people who own them love them

Cheers

But everyone knows that the Mac is better than the PC.

Do you know what PC stands for?

"Piece of Crap", :applause:

just joking,

Charles

And doesn't MAC stand for "More Adjustable Crap"

That's why I have one :lol:

Ok, so I finally gave my 450 it's first real good ride. Having come off a DRZ400e, this baby is absolutely infreakincredible. I really never would have guessed there would be so much of a difference, as I really thought the world of that DRZ. It's no lie though, all the advancements from my '02 DRZ to this '04 450 are like trying to compare tractors to Porche's. Needless to say I am thrilled. I was able to attack nasty sand whoops at nearly double the speed that I could on the DRZ, even with all the suspension work I had done on it. Must say though, my back has been suffering since Saturday night after the ride. I am trully converted!! :lol::applause:

glad to hear your ride was a winner.. welcome to the club.... every time i take mine out, it's like the first time again.

and i feel the same about my KTM to:)

I too Have Orange everywhere, sox,dog coller coffee cup, etc etc:applause:

Ok, so I finally gave my 450 it's first real good ride. Having come off a DRZ400e, this baby is absolutely infreakincredible. I really never would have guessed there would be so much of a difference, as I really thought the world of that DRZ. It's no lie though, all the advancements from my '02 DRZ to this '04 450 are like trying to compare tractors to Porche's. Needless to say I am thrilled. I was able to attack nasty sand whoops at nearly double the speed that I could on the DRZ, even with all the suspension work I had done on it. Must say though, my back has been suffering since Saturday night after the ride. I am trully converted!! :lol: :lol:

Oh sure...take my line Gene!:applause:

Seriously, my recent move to a new '07 KTM 525EXC is pure heaven. Like

Gene, I made the move from a highly modified DRZ440 and although the

DRZ has a fantastic motor, the chassis just isn't that great.

I broke my new 525 in with Gene last weekend and wow...that thing is so

light and it makes power everywhere.

I too, have been completely converted:ride:

Yep- I converted with the purchase of my '07 250XCFW. Liked it so much that I sold my CRF250R and CRF250X and am down to one dirtbike now.:applause:

Even converted two of my buddies. One bought a 300XCW and another went out and bought a 250XCF last fall and just added a 250SXF to his stable this week.

Guess a lot of it for me boils down to the fact that the KTM's already come with all of the aftermarket stuff that you'll spend up to $2000 putting onto a Japanese bike.

It really hit home when the wife said, "You know, I did not know what to think when you said that you were going to bring an orange bike home. But you know, it really does look nice and you can tell the quality."

'Nuf said.....

Well I'm about to go from Blue to Orange too !!!, but will be keeping my wr426 so I can remind myslef why I went Orange.

My mate has gone the other way Orange to Blue, can't argue with him we was twice Australian National Enfuro Champ and runner up, he feels the 07 WR450 is what he needs, he did say though he could ride the WR flat out but never could on the KTM.

Anyway they have to be a good thing.

Glad to hear that the people who own them love them

Cheers

I will be keeping my 2002 YZ426 as well when i decide on which KTM to get.

I just want an arsenal of bikes once i get older. If a friend/family member wants something else to ride then they can just try whatever bike i have. No need to really ever sell a bike i think unless you really need the money, or you have 50 of them. All bikes are fun in their own ways. I would have fun on a 50, 80, 90, 125 and up. Just no Kawasaki or most Suzuki's for me.

They are all fun though.

I ride a ktm 525 the only complate that I have is its to dosale it dosnt hit hard enought off the bottom I use to ride a yz 250 which hit a lot harder

I ride a ktm 525 the only complate that I have is its to dosale it dosnt hit hard enought off the bottom I use to ride a yz 250 which hit a lot harder

I have the same complant. Only I came of a CRF450 and on to a 450xcw. I am looking to put the 525 clyinder on it. :lol: It you are an agresiv rider you will want siffer springs as I am always on the stops. But it still feals better than my FC or CF7 stiff.:applause:

I will be keeping my 2002 YZ426 as well when i decide on which KTM to get.

I just want an arsenal of bikes once i get older. If a friend/family member wants something else to ride then they can just try whatever bike i have. No need to really ever sell a bike i think unless you really need the money, or you have 50 of them. All bikes are fun in their own ways. I would have fun on a 50, 80, 90, 125 and up. Just no Kawasaki or most Suzuki's for me.

They are all fun though.

I am older and agree on the arsenal, my son is about to get his L plates so let him learn the way we did "if you can't kick start it you can't ride it".

I have 3 bikes in the garage and love it, have one for the road too, I have a few friends who can't afford to have both road and dirt bikes so I just take them and one of my dirt bikes along and we have a great time.

I'm struggling with deciding between the 450exc and the 525exc, I want something that hits as hard as my 426 but handles like a KTM, was thinking of a FE550 Husaberg, I know they are made by KTM but I am still shy of the rumours and maintenance schedule on these, including the limited dealership. By all accounts they sound like a lot of bike for the price, they are cheap for an 05 and a 06, I spoke to a guy who raced one last season, he has bought the current model for this season, he said they are awsome bikes with linear power all the way, so that is my dilema, orange or yellow, I am swaying towards Orange though.

We will see in the next few weeks.