Sign in to follow this  

nx250 project bike

What do you think about restoring a nx250 that is in rough shape? Im thinking about buying this one... i can probably get it for 150 bucks. Do you think it would be too much work and money? The guy said it ran last year but when he tried to start it it wouldnt start and the batter was dead. So i dont think the engine is grenaded or anything. So yeah... just wanted opinions. I would resell it and try to make some cash when its finished. KBB for it in good condition is 1200. So if i could spend 400 on hte parts and bike and sell it for 800-1000 in fair condition....

1uqtpQUh11SP8PwrqCJ8eNcUWnEJ.jpg

That bike looks like it will need a lot more than $400 in parts to reach bluebook value (meaning it's basically in factory trim, titled/street legal, just with some wear and tear). You know they were pretty much a street bike with a little longer travel suspension, right? They came with little fairings, full gauges, front fender really close to the tire, etc.

It looks like someone stripped off all that stuff in an attempt to make a crappy, heavy dirtbike. That's not to say it isn't in good shape for what it is, just that I wouldn't expect full bluebook without all the factory parts back in place. I'd keep looking if I were you.