I got my bike!!! YAY!!!

OK, I have posted about getting a bike a couple times and told all of you about my gear that I bought....well now I have something to ride!!! Wew Hoooo!!!

My husband came home with a 2001 RM 125 last night. I was wanting a TT_R 230 but my husband said that this one would be a good one to start on to and we just have about $800.00 in it. I will post some pics tonight. He has it stripped bear right now. He said that he wants to make sure that its safe and greese everything real good. He is also putting a new tire on the back. I can't wait to ride it!

I have yet another question. It's has some pretty UGLY stickers on it and the grafics are peeling off the side. Other than that it looks real good. All the plastics are in good shape. Do you all know a easy way to get all those stickers off the fenders and sides?

The first thing that my brother-in-law said when he saw it was " somebody's gonna get skinned!" LOL!

Thanks for all the support and help in my new quest! I'm sure that I will love riding. I will keep you all updated.

Do you all know a easy way to get all those stickers off the fenders and sides?

It sounds like your husband probably already knows how to do it, but a hairdryer or heat gun will get the adhesive hot enough that you should be able to peel the graphics off very easily.

If there is any remaining adhesive stuck to the plastic, head to the hardware store and buy some 3M adhesive cleaner and a cheap plastic scrub brush. Break out your rubber gloves and elbowgrease, and scrub all the old adhesive off with the bruch and copious amounts of 3M.

Congrats!!!! It's a lot different from a TTR230-but once you get the hang of it you will have a blast!!! If it's too wild, get yourself a flywheel weight before you give up!!!! (not that you will, I'm just saying)

As far as ugly stickers go...Hair dryer and goo gone! :applause: Use the hair dryer to heat the adhesive and pull...it works great. Use goo gone to get any stubborn adhesive!?

Congrats!!!! It's a lot different from a TTR230-but once you get the hang of it you will have a blast!!! If it's too wild, get yourself a flywheel weight before you give up!!!! (not that you will, I'm just saying)

As far as ugly stickers go...Hair dryer and goo gone! :applause: Use the hair dryer to heat the adhesive and pull...it works great. Use goo gone to get any stubborn adhesive!?

I've heard some pretty compelling arguments against flywheel weights on a 125. Maybe someone who has one personally can chime in.

Ride it first, THEN decide what you don't like or want to change. Before installing a flywheel weight, try gearing it down a bit. That can make a huge difference too.

Congrats on the bike!

I've heard some pretty compelling arguments against flywheel weights on a 125. Maybe someone who has one personally can chime in.

??

they sure work on a kx100. and on a 250. i can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a 125.

in general, mx bikes are designed to have snappy engine response when you're already going 15-20mph. alot of time that is too snappy if you are doing alot of accelerations starting at 0-10mph. i mostly put a flywheel weight on my 250 just so it would get some traction. it had a big effect on traction, and i can't tell any difference in how 'wild' it is.

??

they sure work on a kx100. and on a 250. i can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a 125.

in general, mx bikes are designed to have snappy engine response when you're already going 15-20mph. alot of time that is too snappy if you are doing alot of accelerations starting at 0-10mph. i mostly put a flywheel weight on my 250 just so it would get some traction. it had a big effect on traction, and i can't tell any difference in how 'wild' it is.

A friend of mine had a number of reasons why he wasn't interested in putting one on his wife's 125. they sounded plausible, I just have no experience with it. I personally wouldn't put one on but not because I think they suck, I just like the way 125s ride. :applause:

I personally wouldn't put one on but not because I think they suck, I just like the way 125s ride. :applause:

as far as i can tell it doesn't change how the bike rides except for giving it more traction and making clutch wheelies easier. maybe some people hate traction and wheelies.

as far as i can tell it doesn't change how the bike rides except for giving it more traction and making clutch wheelies easier. maybe some people hate traction and wheelies.

I'm not trying to argue. Just passing on a different point of view which someone explained to me, and I've forgotten the details.

I was told it makes the bike stall more easily which seems the opposite of what a fww is designed to do, but that the lower horsepower of the 125 is supposedly better off without the weight.

so I dunno. either way, a gearing change is simpler and cheaper and a good place to start.

EDIT

So what the hell is "gray" reputation and how did I get it for this post? come on, folks.