Sign in to follow this  

Where is throttle stop on 2006 WR?

I just got a brand new wr250f (and rode it for the 1st time yesterday) and am VERY DISAPPOINTED. I hope this thing wakes up after the throttle-stop mod. My 2004 XR400 had more balls than this thing. Somebody PLEASE tell me it will get better.

I just got a brand new wr250f (and rode it for the 1st time yesterday) and am VERY DISAPPOINTED. I hope this thing wakes up after the throttle-stop mod. My 2004 XR400 had more balls than this thing. Somebody PLEASE tell me it will get better.

It's on the carburetor, where the throttle cables attach. The cables attach to a cam wheel that the cables pull/push to work the throttle. The throttle stop is a bolt that comes up from underneath the cam wheel and prevents the throttle from opening more than halfway. It'll definitely get better once you take it off & either grind about 10 mm off it, or buy the one for a YZ (same as the WR's but shorter).

You may want to look at the "Read this before you post" posting at the top of the list here in the WR/YZ250F forum. In there there's a link to a place called the ThumperFAQ that covers this in depth, with pictures. It's really good info!!! Here's the link http://www.thumperfaq.com/

Good Luck, and enjoy that new bike.

In my owner's manual, it calls the idle adjuster a 'throttle stop screw'. This isn't the infamous throttle stop screw that needs to be cut down is it?

Anybody have a picture of the 2006 throttle stop screw?

In my owner's manual, it calls the idle adjuster a 'throttle stop screw'. This isn't the infamous throttle stop screw that needs to be cut down is it?

Anybody have a picture of the 2006 throttle stop screw?

The idle adjuster is on the other side of the cam the cables attach to.

Go to the thumperfaq and click on the free mods. There's a really good picture of it there. If you click on the picture it'll take you to the procedure on how to do it. Go and have a look.

Hey bro take time to read as much as you can to educate yourself. There is a ton of info on here. I know it sure helped me!!!

GOTTA check out the FAQ's and, GOTTA do the mods.

Not all that hard to do.Totally different bike afterwards!!!

glenn

thumperfaq.com will tell you everyone but its in the carb. When you got your bike you should have had the dealer take it out for you... thats what i did :applause:

I cut it down but it still isn't running very well. I was expecting a lot more. I am STILL disappointed. Does the grey wire and airbox make this thing come to life any more?

HOLY CRAP. What a difference the throttle stop bolt and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, the grey wire cut made. After doing the throttle stop, I saw minimal gain, but after the grey wire cut...MAN...Totally different motorcycle. Thanks for all of the advice. This site saved me from throwing my new WR through the Yamaha dealership window (it sucks out of the box).

Hmm, I didn't notice much difference with the grey wire (I think it helped, but couldn't feel a definite improvement). The throttle stop was HUGE. Make sure you took enough off of it. If you didn't notice much difference, I would wonder if you are still running at less than full throttle. You can take off the airboot and look inside. Roll on to full throttle and make sure that the entire slide completely clears the carb (watch you don't get gas splashed in your eye from the accel pump)