Sign in to follow this  

Tennessee is the place to ride

I live about ten miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee in the mountains at a place called Flattop (Part of the Signal Mountains) It is the best place I have ever rode, it has coal mine strip pits(With totally awsome hills) Long trails with all the makings of the time of your life. There are creeks you can go ride down (If you are into that) You can just go on a simple ride on Bow Water roads, You can ride out and hang out on the one of the many bluffs. There are extreme trails you can ride. I like the strip pits the best there are huge hills with jumps and solid rock hills if you dare, of coarse there are many mud holes that alot of the ATV riders like to play in. We make trails we call loops some are 1 or so miles long some are 2 to 3 miles long they are all filled with hill after hill after hill to test your riding skills, well thats about it But best ofall I'm Glad I live and ride in TENNESSEE!:applause:

I live about ten miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee in the mountains at a place called Flattop (Part of the Signal Mountains) It is the best place I have ever rode, it has coal mine strip pits(With totally awsome hills) Long trails with all the makings of the time of your life. There are creeks you can go ride down (If you are into that) You can just go on a simple ride on Bow Water roads, You can ride out and hang out on the one of the many bluffs. There are extreme trails you can ride. I like the strip pits the best there are huge hills with jumps and solid rock hills if you dare, of coarse there are many mud holes that alot of the ATV riders like to play in. We make trails we call loops some are 1 or so miles long some are 2 to 3 miles long they are all filled with hill after hill after hill to test your riding skills, well thats about it But best ofall I'm Glad I live and ride in TENNESSEE!:applause:

Hey Leadhead give me some directions!! I live in Ringgold and always looking for a new place to ride and i`ve never heard of flattop before.

David, Go North on Hwy 153 to Hixson, Go thru Hixson go past Norhtgate Mall, go under Hixson Pike Bridge then go 8 red lights after the 8th light you will see a over pass bridge that is Hwy 27 take the first entrance ramp on the right, Go toward Dayton, TN after you pass four exit ramps you will come to a split in the Hwy, Take the left split after you pass the lake, This will atke you toward Dunlap, TN Hwy 111, go to the top of the mountain the first exit is Jones Gap Road, Go to the next exit it is Lewis Chapel road take the exit go back across the (Turn Left at top of ramp) Hwy, Look for a church there is a gravel road beside the church, take it you can park there and ride all day.

You can also take the first ramp (Jones Gap road) when you get to the top of the ramp turn right go across the bridge go about 1 1/4 mile there is a gravel road on the left just past a fenced in wooded lot turn left onto the road, you will pass a pond on the left there is a dirt road on right at the first curve. You can park there it is a fun place to play it has lots of short hills and jumps and trails its only about 20 acers to ride it has a loop trail of about 1 1/2 to 2 miles some tight trails and some just roads.

Maybe I will see you at on of this olaces some day I ride a KTM 400SX I ride these places all the time.