Sign in to follow this  

Settings for CRF250

Tell me what compression/rebound settings you would use for front and rear if you were riding a 2005 CRF250R on sandy mx tracks and weighed 198lb?

You should atleast switch out to heavier springs. Racetech has a spring calculator. You also might be able to find a deal on crf450 springs in the classifieds..... might be cheaper

I have the 450 springs, just haven't got around to installing them. Recommendation on the stock setup?

Forks: C-10 R-12

Shoch: HSC-2 LSC-12 R-9

Get the springs in there :applause:

Hey Mike, is that your recommendation with the heavier springs in place?

I put 450 stock springs in my 250 and am looking to tweak my settings once spring rolls around. I need a little more lift (rebound)....

You are close to my weight if I recall. I am 6'1" and about 185 when I am is street clothes and am in shape. I have the .46s in the fork right now with ATF at 380cc. I am starting out with C-10 and rebound-11. Went a click in on rebound because of the stiffer rate. Please keep in mind that I have softer inner chamber springs in with the FC revalve. I also am trying the ATF in the IC next year. It's heavier and should kind of bridge the gap between the softer and heavier IC springs.

My shock has a 5.4 with a setting LSC 14 and I have the HSC at 3 out with FCs stack in there and HS spring. Rebound between 7 -9. Todd as you know the rebound on the shock is weak so my best advice is to go in until it packs and then back it out until it tracks smooth and then adjust the LSC.

Keep your HS close to where it is if you have stock valving.

Todd- Please know that I have a crapload of testing to do once I am healed up and riding. This is what I am starting out with. My shock was revalved at the end of the season and I have been doing the forks myself. I also have a good shim stack from the Dogger I may try sometime next year if you need it.

What would you guys recommend for me? I weigh 160 lbs. 6 feet tall.

You are right in the proper weight for those springs. I once heard start with 12 clciks across the board and adjust from there....

You are right in the proper weight for those springs. I once heard start with 12 clciks across the board and adjust from there....

Thanks man.