Sign in to follow this  

Anyone get to ride?

Sheesh, I'm tired, lol. Rode a lot of sandy whooped out stuff this last weekend. The practice should come in handy for Moab this weekend. Last time I was in Moab, we hit a couple washes that were crazy. I think it was called 10 mile wash or something.

I even got a chance to learn how to jump a small drop off on Sat. That so rocked, lol. Even got a chance to use that skill on Sun without flailing like a fish. :applause:

Never did get a chance to pratice lifting the front tire over an obstacle tho. There's always next time. :lol:

Snowmobiles only! Last ride of the year most likely cause we are in the 50's today and it's supposed to stay that way. Climbed some good hills, gave some peeps on an adjacent hill a good show getting stuck a few times, pulling the sled backdown onto my foot so I had to pull my foot outa my boot, then dig my boot out from under it, then turn the sled around for another run. Managed to get myself bucked off of it at the top of a little shelf I probably shouldn't have tried to climb. Almost had it till my sled bucked me off.

We actually did, for about an hour after we picked up Kris' new bike. Nothing exciting, just dusty hills with quad tracks all around, but it was still fun. That 380 is a beast!

He likes it. He doesn't have much frame of reference. We've got some jetting and setup to do still, too.

I rode VERY little (more about that coming!) Sat... put in a couple of hours at work, then said the heck with it and raced home to load up, was at the track with a bunch of friends by 1.

SECOND lap, really still more or less a sight lap (jumping small tables, not yet hitting the bigger doubles, etc) when WHAM! Next thing I know I've got a friend of mine (couldn't recall the name, though... didn't think much about that 'till a few minutes later!) bending over me, "hey, DJ, are you ok?" I remember saying "yeah, I'm ok" sitting up, taking my helmet off, and looking around for my bike... we walked off the track, I was wobbling like I had just done five shots of tequila... EMS was there, and I found out they had called the life flight! Guess I was out cold long enough for everyone to get a little nervous (about a minute and a half, per one friend, but that sounds a little extreme...)

So they were asking me my name (yup, got that one right! I knew I wasn't batman! :applause: ) place (Zmans mx, LA, yup!) date? (uh-uh...don't know that one) month? (nope, not a clue... not real hot, so can't be summer!) Then I was thinking, where the blazes do I WORK?? and do I have HEALTH insurance? Where was Lucien... wait, we broke up, didn't we? How? (I actually called him about this and left a voice mail on his machine... :lol: Luckily, he's been knocked silly himself a few times, so he knew what I was going thorugh!!)

Weirdest damn thing, I've gone through it once before on a street bike accident, never had that significant of memory loss with the other body parts still so intact, though... I waived off the EMS guys, assuring them that if things didn't start coming together, or if I felt really sleepy or the headaching I was starting to get got much worse, I'd have one of the guys bring me in... I did go out with the little bikes/beginners for a couple of laps after this, just to make sure the bike was ok and to test my own motor skills before driving my truck home. Bike is fine, go figure?

Anyway, took it easy the rest of the weekend, still have a gnarly headache that sneaks up on me when I change positions, and bruised all over my right side, from right shoulder to right hip to a nifty footpeg bruise on the right thigh... but otherwise, doing ok. My memory has returned, and how nice it was to recall that I have been dating DAVID for the last two months, who came over and unloaded my bike for me, and cooked me dinner last night... :eek:

Someone later told me they overheard some guy at the track talking to his friend, feeling bad because when we were going around the corner he hit my back tire, which caused me to go down... glad I don't remember, though, now I won't be thinking about this next time I ride! :lol: Gave me a good excuse to get a new chest protector (old one broke with the impact) and new back tire (might have been able to save it if I had better knobbies!)

I Then I was thinking, where the blazes do I WORK?? and do I have HEALTH insurance? Where was Lucien... wait, we broke up, didn't we? How? (I actually called him about this and left a voice mail on his machine... :applause:

wow, kinda like :lol: ?

that's sounds like a pretty good rap on the noggin. glad you're pretty much ok. i've never had memory loss from a head knock, just from drinking tequila, lol.

That's scary L2F! We've got a friend here who had a similar expierence 2 weekends ago...He couldn't remember his own name or if he had driven his truck to the track or not. Those knocks to the noggin are funny things...hope you're feeling better!

Glad you're ok and weren't hurt worse! I made myself dizzy and gave myself tracers in my vision once, from a wreck in the dunes I wouldn't have thought was even close to that bad. Head injuries are strange and not to be messed with. Keep us filled in on how you feel.

I rode all 73 miles of an enduro yesterday without houring out.

Every muscle in my body hurts and I feel like I have been run over by a Mack truck, and then it backed up and ran me over again.

At about the 60 mile mark, I hit a brick wall and went into survival mode and cursed every whoop, tree, & root and was selling my bike and never riding again!

Could not haved asked for better conditions as far as trails and weather.

Sunny and 50ish.

L2F, that sounds scary, glad you seem OK, do keep us posted.

FC, glad Kris likes his bike.