Sign in to follow this  

Need Help, Stolen Bike

It would much help if anyone would keep an eye out for my bike. It was stolen out of the back of my truck this mourning or last night. I Usually keep it in my buddies garage, but i went riding this weekend and it was in the back of my truck. I live in Lawrence, Kansas. If anyone has any info plese give me a call @ 361-443-9935. My name is justin.

It is an 07 KX250F

pics are in my garage

thanks

Dude, you will not get your bike back....sorry

^^^ That's not cool :applause: Who the hell are you to say something like that!

Be persistant and try every avenue with homeowners or your auto insurance. Post on every site out there and watch eBay for parts to start showing up. Search this forum for other ideas that helped people retrieve their bikes. Don't give up hope like the numnuts above me!

Good luck!

Come on man, be real about it---I knew I sounded like an ass when typing it, but it is very much true; my friend got 2 bike stolen from him, and never saw them again. Do you honestly believe someone would steal a bike if they didn't know what they were doing? it's not a candy bar buddy--

I would like to hear that you got your bike back, but I do not want to get your hopes up--you are not a child, and I am telling you the most probable outcome.

Dude, you will not get your bike back....sorry

Well hopefully he had comprehensive on it. . . but I doubt it.

Good luck getting the back bike.

I had 2 bikes stolen in 1995, got one back. Good news was I found out who did it. He will never come to our town again.

Advice is, if you have any friends in law enforcement see if the can run searches on your vin number. that's how I got mine back. the bad part is it took a few months. Some bozo actually sold it with a reciept stating lost title, and had the vin number on it. The guy that bought the bike got screwed almost as bad as me. I gave him a finders fee as consolation for turning it in.

Advice for all riders. I have progressive insurance on my RMZ, it's only 54 bucks a year, with an additional 11 or 12 bucks for each additional bike.

That suck man, i hope you get it back.

OTOH - I just can't fathom leaving my bike in the back of my truck for any length of time. I won't even stop for lunch, etc. on the way home from riding unless I have a clear view of my truck/bike at all times. Maybe its just me being paranoid since I do live in the crime-ridden area of northern Mexico.

Do you honestly believe someone would steal a bike if they didn't know what they were doing?

There is a reason they're criminals. They're not smart enough to be successful on their own. They resort to stealing to make a living.

That sucks! Sorry to hear your bike was stolen. I always carry a lock and cable. These days...you can't trust anyone. I hope you find them and your bike.

db

There is a reason they're criminals. They're not smart enough to be successful on their own. They resort to stealing to make a living.

Yeah buddy, I am sure that is exactly why they do it; unless you have someone walking by, and sees the bikes and decides to take them--chances are, the person knows &%$#@! they are doing....hints maybe why they may have lock cutters with them at the time :applause:

Advice for all riders. I have progressive insurance on my RMZ, it's only 54 bucks a year, with an additional 11 or 12 bucks for each additional bike.

GREAT advice! Your homeowners DOES NOT include bikes or quads. Seperate coverage for your bikes is not that expensive.

One the the few FREE advantages of having an AMA license is they will publish the VIN #'s of any bikes stolen. Make sure and notify your local police and follow-up with detectives on a regular basis. Also, find your local tracks and let the owners know about your theft and post stolen bike flyers wherever you can !

sorry to hear that,i'll keep an eye out for it. was there anything special on it #s ,aftermarket clamps ,pipe,silencer,etc.,tears scratchs or was it bone stock?

It would much help if anyone would keep an eye out for my bike. It was stolen out of the back of my truck this mourning or last night. I Usually keep it in my buddies garage, but i went riding this weekend and it was in the back of my truck. I live in Lawrence, Kansas. If anyone has any info plese give me a call @ 361-443-9935. My name is justin.

It is an 07 KX250F

pics are in my garage

thanks

I do a lot of traveling, so I will definently keep my eyes peeled. I had a Maico stolen, right after I blew it up. So when they found it in a basket, I got money for a rebuild. :applause: So think positive and we'll be wishing for the best.

I noticed that the you had scratches on the silencer, holes around number plates. Those are still there right, and the numbers?

Good Luck!

thanks everyone,

its is completely stock. The seat had a small unmissable scratch on it. the back finder is missing a bolt and is slightly cracked. You cannot tell unless you look under the fender.

thanks again everyone

that sux I live in Manhattan not to far away, I race all over around here Ill keep my eyes out.

Sorry to hear about your bike. I live in Lecompton (about 12 miles from Lawrence). I race and ride about every weekend so my riding buddies and I will keep our eyes open for it. Good luck.

I am in Olateh and will keep a watch also. I would like to put a plug in for Progressive insurance also. I have 4 bikes insured and it is less than $100 a year. What is that, about $0.28 per day ? Well worth the peace of mind it brings.