new wr 426 best price?

My data point:

I bought my new 02 on 12/19 and paid $5765 + tax. This is a 7% discount off of retail price of $6199. This is my local dealer where I get a great deal on parts and accessories, etc.. So, I'm happy to pay that price. The $5499.99 (okay, let's call it $5500) sounds like an excellent price but I don't live in MS. The guy who said he paid $5500 out the door got a mondo deal.

A few of the bigger volume Denver, Colorado dealers could have beat my $5765 price but in general they have no after-sales support if you have any issues. They would not recognize me the next day if I walked through their door. I'll support my local dealer (Apex Sports in Colorado Springs).

Hope this helps. I've had a ton of dirt bikes but this is my first new one ever and I'm really loving it.

tom

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Tom Vervaeke ]

Originally posted by Tim Van Valkenburg:

I'm wanting a wr426 and really dont want used. Do some of the Yamaha dealers around the country have any last years models or anybody heard of some good prices in these recession times.

Thanks Tim

Hey Tim,

If you decide you want a used 2001 let me know. You can see my signature for all the details on the bike...and it's famous! (it's the one I used to take all of the pictures of the ThumperTalk fender stickers for the website). It has very low hours...since Bryan and I spend *all* of our spare time making ThumperTalk a great place for you guys, we don't have time to ride anymore. ? Seriously, it's a really nice bike, so send me an email if you're interested...

steve.claus@thumpertalk.com

--Steve

Tom,

That is a great price. I just bought a used 01 wr426 from rocky mountain and I paid about $5500 w/tax. It was in great shape and already had handlebars and guards and a WB exhaust.

I have ridden in Pueblo and along stagecoach road (still too much snow). I have heard there are some good trails up near Rampart Res but have not made it up there yet. Do you know of any more good places to ride?

Dan ?

Dan,

I used to live up behind the Garden of the Gods...If you get on Hwy 24 and go up to Woodland Park, there is a dirt road just after town, go right and there are atleast a hundread miles fire-breaks and mountain trails. That used to be our start point for our Cripple Creek Cross Country run every spring. It's been years since I've been up there but a friend tells me they still ride there. I remember I found the place when I bought my RM at a Suzuki dealer downtown, they told me about it. There also used to be a pretty good place to ride just outside the back gate of Ft. Carson, at Widefield, right beside I-25. We also used to ride the trails up behind Pikes Peak...Just stay away from Cheyanne Mountain.... I remember That got ugly once.... Man I wish I still lived there....I don't think I ever had better riding anywhere on the Blue Marble or so much fun in my life....

Bonzai ?