Sign in to follow this  

where to get forks redone in socal?

where is a REASONABLE place to get forks redone (fluid and seals) so far RG3 has given me the best price!!!! at 115+parts......the dealers are retarded, talking like 300+ just to do seals!!!!! so does anyone know any other places for me to check?

I believe a lot of the desert racers with D38 go to Precision Concepts to have their forks done. I haven't taken mine there yet, but have been told it is roughly $200.

George at ESP is the best - and very reasonable to boot. Glendale/La Canada area.

Riders Choice in Lancaster charged me $75 to replace the fork seals and put new fork oil in my YZ.

Months before having this done, they qouted me the $75 if I brought the forks in. Instead I brought the bike in and they still only charge me the $75. They also r&r'd the steering head bearings for a small additional fee. :applause:

I've had them do several maintenance jobs on the YZ, and I cannot complain. :lol:

Riders Choice in Lancaster charged me $75 to replace the fork seals and put new fork oil in my YZ.

Months before having this done, they qouted me the $75 if I brought the forks in. Instead I brought the bike in and they still only charge me the $75. They also r&r'd the steering head bearings for a small additional fee. :lol:

I've had them do several maintenance jobs on the YZ, and I cannot complain. :lol:

+1 for riders choice, if you dont need your suspension valved or anything and just need a simple fluid change/ fork seals. Riders choice has a reat group of guys/gals there. Very nice and good prices. Also for those who dont know riders choice also opened a store in Cal City :applause: Cal city has needed a good motorcycle shop for the longest time..

I just got an estimate at Precision Concepts for a complete fork and shock revalve. I don't know where you are, but they are in Murrieta, and there number is 951-894-6117. I have never had any work done by them, but they were very friendly and helpful today. They actually took the time and asked what problems I was having and really wanted to know what I need/want.

Once I talk my wife into letting me spend the money I will use them.

I am in Oxnard, so its looking like I will give ESP a call since they are reasonably close to me, but I will check the others too, Im willing to travel a bit for a good price and good work.

I am probably one of the fussiest most anal people you could ever meet. I took my bike brand new never ridden to George at ESP a few weeks ago. I had him revalve both ends install a Scott's sub mount and repack steering head bearings and all swingarm and shock linkage. I am very pleased with how the bike works and there were no issues with scratches, wrench marks etc. You will be happy if you end up there.

George at ESP is the friendliest guy you will probably ever meet at a service shop. He also does more than suspension, so he'll get my business for whatever I need done to my bike :applause:

... if it's on a Honda, Precision Concepts is the one and only.

They do Team Honda if it's any notable reference.

:applause:

that or MB1:thumbsup: