Sign in to follow this  

Oreana Results

Well, I finished!!! Whew! But I should have stuck with C class instead of letting my buddy talk me into Vet B. Yeah, I'm one of the slow fat kids.

How did everyone do?

i sucked ass in 47th. combo of bad bike setup and lack of focus. too much trailriding and not enough racing. i think many of the sr b's beat me. otoh, tresa did well. 2nd chick and 117th overall in her 1st ever race. she was tired after 2 laps. woohoo!

i was so annoyed with how i rode that we went back out there yesterday and rode the course again with the bike setup several clicks stiffer to counteract some of the soft whoops, and jetting fatter off idle to boost the low-end in the sand (250 2-stroke). i basically just rode at a full-on race pace for 2-3 miles at a time, then stopped and waited for the girl and caught my breath. just trying to get in the habit of riding hard instead of dawdling on the open stuff and only riding hard in the tighter twistier areas.

117th. Not bad, but not great either, lol. Oh well.

I'm still gonna consider the Emmett race on the 18th. I'm told it's a fun harescramble.

Have you guys received the photo flyer?

never ridden at little gem. what's up with the ama membership requirement? :applause:

i have my card for doing the isde qualifiers and stuff but i'd guess the average dezert rat doesn't.

To do so is going to require all race participants to be AMA members.

Just became an AMA member today.

Got my temp card to use until the real one arrives by mail, lol.

Don't jump the gun, I heard they're still trying to find other insurance besides AMA. Although I want to try the Idaho City race. Is it an AMA race? Oreana-56th overal.