Sign in to follow this  

Coyote Cal's and the Race

I will be down in Erendira on Friday and staying through Sunday. As far as I can tell,the race passes right by there? Can anyone confirm this? Any pits near there? Great spots to sit with a cold one and watch? Thanks,Tom

If they didn't make any drastic changes it should run right by on the road between Cal's and the water.

I haven't ridden thru there in about a year???

Corky:ride: :applause::lol:

Map looks like it will go right by CCs.

We were there at the 2005 Baja 1000. Some pits were just up the coast of CC and there were others nearer town. Nothing too exciting with the pits though.

You can get a good view from the front camping area at CCs, down on the road in front, or go up the coast north and watch there. In front of CCs is a 90 degree turn. Off the top of my head, I don't remember anthing up the coast where the vehicles could get some big air, but I am sure there is some place. Maybe the hill climb about 5 or 10 miles or so up the coast would be cool.

Last of the sportsman vehicles will be out of Ensenada probably around 12:30PM I'd guess, so in theory all the vehicles trying to make it back by 9 hour deadline will pass that area by around 8:00PM. Still, be very careful if you come back to CCs in the evening from up the coast north - the only way back is on the course. Better plan to come back real late to be safe.

--

When I was there at the 1000, a group of drunk Europeans ran on the road right after the 90 degree turn like they were in Pamplona with the bulls when they saw the first vehicle (Herbst truggy I think) coming. They didn't realize 800 HP would catch up to them in a matter of seconds - the group of them jumped off the road with inches to spare.

And also, the Suzuki that Travis Pastrana was riding (but not at that time) turned left instead of right at the 90 degree turn. Everyone around flashed their flash lights to signal the rider and he had stopped and corrected his mistake (otherwise he would have gone into the ocean).

there is some goood high speed stuff to watch just north of there with some pretty huge smooth whoops that will produce some air. there is also the hill climb bypass at calaveras and the silt beds a few miles up the course dfrom there.