Sign in to follow this  

Doug Henry injured again in practice crash.

He broke his back and this time he wasn't so lucky. Apparently he couldn't move his legs but after surgery has regained some mobility. Everyone likes Doug and lets hope he can beat the odds one more time.

Greg

I Was Planning On Going To The Race After Work Last Night Until I Got An Update Around Midday From The Track. A Couple Of My Buddies Were Out There During Practice And Said The Track Was So Sketchy The Withdrew And Got Their Money Back. I Didnt Feel Like Watching Anyone Get Hurt So I Didnt Bother Going.

I spoke with a gentlemen on Tuesday at the GNCC that is friends with Doug and was at the hospital with him. Doug did not break his back at the same place but just above it and the cage was crushed slightly. During surgery they took the pressure off of the cage. As of Monday night, Doug has feeling from his chest to the top of his thigh that he did not have before. So he is getting better. It sucks we probably saw his last race at Ocala on Saturday.

I didn't go to Sundays practice but I was told by Jason Conlon that he hit a slick spot and slid about 50 feet up the track then a 2nd rider (don't remember his name) hit it and almost went down then Doug hit it. Doug was saying he hit oil. Want to know why Doug crashed? Inferior catch can or should I say lack of one! A rider was having problems with getting his bike to run right so he took it off!

Riders must use a properly functioning non leaking tanks! The catch tank rules are in the books but not enforced and now one of the top riders has paid the price.

Red Bull cans & open topped Drink Bottles do not cut it!!! THEY LEAK ON THE TRACK!!!

P1000241.jpg

P1000232.jpg

I found this on another site, you can send cards for Doug at the following address:

Yamaha Motor Corporation

6555 Katella Ave

Cypress, CA 90630

Attn: Doug Henry

a friend and I went to the race and had to leave just when someone had crashed down on the north end of the track and the ambulence had just come out. This was later in the day. Was that Doug? I hate to see anyone get hurt. That was actually the first motard race either of us had seen in person. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Doug and his family.

Doug did not break his back at the same place but just above it and the cage was crushed slightly

that is why whe must use a spine protection here in Portugal, it´s in the rules.

do you also use it?

if you don´t, you should. if doug did use it, then it must have been a huge bang.

also another reason for the cach-can, and wille you´re at it, don´t forget to change the cooling liquid for water, it´s as slippery as oil

Any more updates?

I heard over on another site (from a pretty reliable source) that things aren't looking too good for Doug. :applause:

Doug's body is a little weak right now, but his head is REAL strong.

Is there any way we can get an update on Doug? Website? Thanks

Wow.. I thought Doug would be pretty safe riding Supermoto and not get hurt. Sorry to hear he got all buggered Up. He definitly has Heart... Speedy Recovery Doug.....

well he sure did stand on his own to feet pretty good to watch the AMA supermoto race in E-town, nice picture of him floating around somewhere standing up watching the races