Sign in to follow this  

Trick or Baja Designs dual sport kit????

Hey everybody, I was wondering which dual sport kit for the 400e you would recommend. I have a 2000 400e and want to get it ready for d/s rides and enduro. One of my friends has a baja on his z and a trick on his ktm. I just don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated!:applause:

Having used Baja Designs kits and products, I would give them a big thumbs up. I am not familiar with the Trick kits, so I can't say what their quality is. Give it some time, someone else will chime in with pros or cons for the Trick kit.

I just installed the baja designs kit on my E. I think it is a awesome kit, it's expensive, but worth it. Great instructions, nice hardware, and well thought out. :applause:

The Trick.............REALLY IS TRICK.........REALLY!!! :applause:

Actually, you can't go wrong with either one. I believe that the trick is a bit more expensive, especially if you pile on the options.

Take some pics & let us know what you ended up mounting.

Happy Riding !!

:lol: :lol:

I just installed the baja designs kit on my E. I think it is a awesome kit, it's expensive, but worth it. Great instructions, nice hardware, and well thought out. :applause:

Only problem I have with the BD kit, and this would probably apply to the Trick Kit as well, is what to do with all the open connections when you don't want the extra stuff hooked up. Example: Your going to run all dirt in the upcoming weekend and don't want to bust up your headlight, blinkers, etc. So you take the headlight, blinkers, turnsignals and horn out. What do you do with the open leads for the short term?

I've had the Baja kit on my E for a little over a year with zero problems. All good dual sport kits are expensive so there is really no negative to either for price. The Baja kit went on in no time and has held up very well in the dirt. It would take a crash that would damage other parts on the bike to damage the blinkers, horn, headlight etc. everything is tucked in out of the way.

I've had the Trick kit on my 400E for 3 years of use, without incident. The headlight assembly and tail light are Ufo. Easy to install and absolutely no problems.

Thanks for all of your reply's! I'm still going back and forth between the two. I guess it's just personal preference, since they both were said to hold up well. This is only my second real season riding, and it seems that my z gravitates towards trees.......or it could be me. I just want whichever one to be able to hold up to some abuse. The trick seems to be more compact. The baja kit comes with everything though, the trick i'll need to spend some extra $ on rear blinkers from my understanding of their website. Anymore more advice/stories is more than welcome!!!!!