Sign in to follow this  

Will a Chevy S-10 with a extended cab fit 2 bikes in the back?

you can fit 3 bikes if you want. but the tail gate will be down. one bike will fit with the tailgate up. it just has to be at an angle.

cool thanks guys.

I knew a regular S-10 could fit 2 bikes. But I was worried that with 2 bikes on a extended cab, that like the rear wheels would be hanging off the bed.:applause:

Yea but the you will have to leave the tailgate down.

So. whats with everybody wanting the tailgate up. i leave mine down with one bike:confused: Don't drive like a a-hole and nothing will slide out!

cool thanks guys.

I knew a regular S-10 could fit 2 bikes. But I was worried that with 2 bikes on a extended cab, that like the rear wheels would be hanging off the bed.:applause:

the extended cab and reg cab have the same size bed.

the extended cab and reg cab have the same size bed.

Oh my bad..

Never knew that. I just thought that since the cab was bigger, the bed would be smaller.:applause:

Werd^^^. My friend had a little ford ranger at one time, we had 3 bikes pyled up in there for a long trip. We took his truck allot considering he got over 20 mpg to my 9mpg.

My last truck a Ford Range X-Cab had the same lenght bed as your S-10, carried 2 bikes all the time. I used a couple of tie-downs to hold the t-gate in the 1/2 up position.

Now...the Ranger t-gate wanted to come off at the 1/2 way up position, so I had to fab a piece of sheetmetal to block the lower opening on the t-gate pivot cup to keep it from bouncing off...

Yep for sure two bikes... easy....

I've had 3 yz250f's in my s10 zr2 with no problems.... it was a little tight but it got the job done... Only thing is is that if you would constantly haul 3 bikes i'd recommend an aal or maybe some shackles in the back so the truck sits level.

As for the box length, a regular cab short box's box is the same as an extended cab short box's box. Of course a long box regular cab's box would be longer than an extended cab short box..... thats why they call it a LOOOOONG box. :applause:

2 bikes will fit on the Crew cab bed as well.......tailgate down of course......anybody have any links on the bed extender that converts to a ramp? price is a issue thatsa why i ask.