Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400SM suspension setting???

Ok, it's true, I'm a moron when it comes to suspension, and am clueless on how to set it up. Compression? Rebound? Huh?

My story is that I have an '05 DRZ-SM, suspension is totally stock, nothing changed - it's as it came from the factory. I'm 6'1" 170 lbs, ride aggresively (not stupidly tho) and I do the occasional track day. Everything feels fine, but I dont think I'd notice if everything was messed up.

Anybody with or without a DRZ-SM feel inclined to help me out? what should my settings be?

where am I?

IMG_1170.jpg

you are probably bottoming out.See if you have the correct springs at www.race-tech.com , if they have not been serviced in the last year the oil has probably gone off as well(making the problem worse) fit a cable tie on the fork leg and see how much travel you are using.

They are small ripples in pavement, 2" maximum. I can feel every single bump in the pavement, I dont think this is normal.

I currently have stock sm suspension. I dont know if it was tweaked from the guy I bought it from, but it is crap. I have no clue as to what controls what and I don't have the manual to return it to stock. It is an 07 drz and I weigh 215lbs. I ride pretty aggressively and do occasionally ride the track. Just lookin for a base setup, then ill go from there.

Thanks for responding.