Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Interesting post on 22 vs 7

Read this on another board and though it should be posted here:

".....Yes, James is faster than Reed. Does that mean that CR has no right to battle, block pass, etc? No it does not. How much faster does one rider have to be where it qualifies him as untouchable? To me racing is racing plain and simple. If I am racing the slow vet class (cause I am slow) and some pro is behind me, he will have to go around me just like in the good old days. It could be argued that my philosophy is stupid using the fact that the guy behind me is clearly faster. But staying up is also part of racing. What if he tries to go around me and ends up washing out on the last lap and I beat him? If I had moved over and let him by that may never have happened. I have beat many a faster guy simply by holding my line and forcing the faster competition to race around me. Nothing dirty. Just nothing given away. I let the guy beat himself.

.....I think most of us can agree that Chad is a very patient person. He has taken licks and kept on ticking with out ever bad mouthing his competition. RC would take Reed high every chance he got and park him to get by. I call that racing. But was it 100% necessary? No. RC wanted to make a statement every time. And Reed just took it where other riders would have soiled diaper after diaper. Reed is just a cool headed dude. And he has proven that.

.....What that has done is allowed other racers to think he is weak. Sorby, Tedesco, etc. They mess with him like no one else. How many times has Tedesco messed with Chad and Chad just did his work and got by? If Tedesco messed with James in the same fashion he'd punt him into next week. Tedesco has that right like I stated before. The beef is that Tedesco singles out Reed and doesn't subject the rest of the field to his blocking etc.

.....Reed can not win a title by being faster than James. He needs to get inside James head and beat him mentally. If that means race like hell passing and blocking to do it, then that's what he's got to do. After all Reed and James only have each other as competitors. Where James errors is believing that Reed doesn't have the same right as Tedesco, RC, and everybody else to do so. It's all to common that when one riders starts dominating that they start to think they are not supposed to be raced against by slower riders. Stewart showed that on Saturday. Also being a tad unclassy by gesturing for Reed to come celebrate with he and RC only to talk trash to him. Lost a little respect for him this weekend.

.....In my opinion there is just way too much PC out on the track these days. The blue and yellow flag is not the MOVE OVER flag. It is for the slower riders not the lead lappers advantage. A racer by the book is supposed to hold their line when they know that the faster guy is coming up behind him. I am not saying that the riders don't work hard. But it has become so show businessy that the sport/competition element is being over shadowed. It is a race. When that faster guy comes up behind you RACE him! There is nothing wrong with that!. That too is called "just racing".

-=SPODE."

Great post... I still think Reed sucks, though.

:applause:

Great post. I agree there is a double standard working against Reed. I hope he stops taking peoples sh*t. Nice guys usually finish last.