Sign in to follow this  

Supermoto Doug Henry down again!

Haven't seen a post on here yet. He took a bad spill while at pratice in supermoto. He broke his back in the same place he did last time in 1997. Guess he couldn't feel his legs. Thats not good, hope some can post a link, im not to good with computers.

There was a short story on Cycle news. Here is the text

It was reported last night that Supermoto Champion Doug Henry had a bad practice crash in New Smyrna, Florida where he broke his back and couldn't feel his legs. Henry was taken to a hospital in Daytona where he underwent surgery last night.

Our latest update says that Henry's back was in fact broken, and the fracture was in the same spot he broke it in 1997. The surgery reportedly went well, and Henry now has regained a little bit of feeling in his legs.

When did this happen? I was riding with him at mototown 2-20-07. Any pics or video? Hope hes gets well!!!

yeah my dad jsut told me today, he works with his sister for O&G industries and she told him about it. its really unfortunate

Doug Henry is my favorite rider (also tied with John Dowd). hopefully he will have a successful recovery.

Doug is my favorite pro rider of all times. I have talked with him several times and he is the nicest guy you could ever want to meet. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. :applause:

That is really too bad. It's so sad to hear see a great rider like Doug have so many problems. I really hope he can make a full recovery, he is one of my favorite riders too!

Wow, thats unfortunate. Doug Henry is one of the few motocross racers that I really have a lot of respect for. He seems like such a nice and down to Earth guy. I hope he makes a full recovery and can come back to racing soon. I have a feeling he is probably going to hang it up consider he broke his back for the 2nd time and broke it in the exact same spot.

That is such a bummer. I've met and ridden with him several times too over the years. A real good dude, a family man. Just sucks. Prayers to Doug and his family to get better soon.

man that just ruined my day. He is my all time favorite rider. I remember watching him when i was a kid. I hope he is going to be ok.:applause:

^Amen to that. I can remember watching when Henry shocked the world by winning on the YZ400.

I'm Very sad to hear about his injury. Doug is my all time favorite rider, I have used the # 16 since he had it in his 125 championship days(I belive it was 94'). Hope he heals quick and is racing soon.

Not only a great rider, but a great person too.

Exactly. :applause:

Prayers go out to him and his family.

www.myspace.com/getwelldoug

Check it out guys! This is my brother's myspace to help show some support for Doug. We just made it so it's very simple, but this will be a place for all the fans! We wish Doug a speedy recovery and know that he will bounce back!

To Doug and his determintation I say....:applause: