Sign in to follow this  

Better chestprotector???

Well.. I went over the bars 2 days ago, trying to jump a creek gully and cased it on the other side:crazy: Resulting in a broken collar bone:bonk: I was wearing a answer overspray chestprotector:excuseme: I'm wondering if theres any chestprotectors out there with better shoulder protection, in case of a unplaned shoulder role arises again:banana:

I have had good luck with Thor. I have broke several but not myself. Knock on wood.:applause:

Well.. I went over the bars 2 days ago, trying to jump a creek gully and cased it on the other side:crazy: Resulting in a broken collar bone:bonk: I was wearing a answer overspray chestprotector:excuseme: I'm wondering if theres any chestprotectors out there with better shoulder protection, in case of a unplaned shoulder role arises again:banana:

I also wear "Thor" because of the combo net/pad in the shoulder and the raised portion on the back of the protector. I've had an AC seperation and a bruised spine that would prob- would have been worse if not for the design of the Thor. :applause:

dg636

i wear the 661 chest protectors, and have liked them. i broke my collar bone in it but i think you will in any chest protector with the right crash, it doesnt take much to break them. im gonna run evs' this year due to sponsorships tho :applause:

Yea..! I had a neck role on at the time, and I'm in waiting for my leatt brace since before the spill... Do you think it might have helped against my injury?

Man that is so over priced.

ben

Word from one of the guys that just got one is the construction is on par with a high end OTC knee brace and $399 is about right.

I saw a post in the x forum where guys were taking hockey shoulder pads and grafting the plastic front and backs from their chest protectors onto them. They look pretty beefy, but the pads provide protection for the collar bone and shoulder that the stock ones don't. There were a few pics in that post as well.

I saw a post in the x forum where guys were taking hockey shoulder pads and grafting the plastic front and backs from their chest protectors onto them. They look pretty beefy, but the pads provide protection for the collar bone and shoulder that the stock ones don't. There were a few pics in that post as well.

You are such a teaser. Find the post and link us to it :applause:

ben

CCM makes a line of low profile hockey shoulder pads that will fit under a jersey without modifications.

This is what I've been using. So far I am happy with the protection. I did a superman going 4th gear in a sand wash and landed on one shoulder and I'm good. Only down side so far I've seen is that its a clothy outer, so it can snag stuff. But for trail/desert riding, I feel more protected.

http://www.eastonhockey.com/protective_Synergy300ShoulderPad.aspx

I looked at this at the dealer show and was unimpressed. Looks more like a floatation device than anything else. Probably works, but no shoulder protection--or biceps-- to speak of.

I think they'll have a hard time selling these. Just looks kinda blah too. Colors please.