Sign in to follow this  

Ice Ride on the 07 450F

Nothing like brand friggin new. Got it studded up and the temps were good (about 20F) so went out to Big lake and ripped around. Feels very similar to the 06, but I was babyin it around. 5th gear is a trip. The thing must be able to do 90 or so.

The ice racers were tearing it up and I got to check out a guys supertrick KX500. Full PC motor, lowered suspension, and the bars looked like they were off of a 1972 Husky - super wide and no crossbar. He said it was the bes way to fight the headshake that hits at 80 mph going into the turns!

Whooped out snownmachine trails are a blast on a studded fo-fiddy! Can't wait for next weekend.:applause:

Nothing like brand friggin new. Got it studded up and the temps were good (about 20F) so went out to Big lake and ripped around. Feels very similar to the 06, but I was babyin it around. 5th gear is a trip. The thing must be able to do 90 or so.

The ice racers were tearing it up and I got to check out a guys supertrick KX500. Full PC motor, lowered suspension, and the bars looked like they were off of a 1972 Husky - super wide and no crossbar. He said it was the bes way to fight the headshake that hits at 80 mph going into the turns!

Whooped out snownmachine trails are a blast on a studded fo-fiddy! Can't wait for next weekend.:applause:

You Cwazy!!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I bet its a blast. I also bet wrecking sucks though!

when your choice is either wait for the sun to melt it all (forever) or stud up and go ride, its pretty easy to just go ride! If I could be on dirt, I would though. Its just funny because all of the snowmachine trails get whooped out, so its miiles of whoops everywhere. Lots of fun but I know I'm out of shape now!!

the kx 450 is a very potent ice racer

with good tires its almost unbeatable, even against a bigger 500

won the last 6 of 7 races ive been in this winter

with so much grunt it feels like cheating

Yeah, these crazy Montanan's do that ice racing stuff around here as well. I prefer the dirt.

Hey Kawiscooter- The Helena track will be superb by this weekend...61 degrees today and upper 50's this weekend! Sorry had to rub it in! :applause:

Bleedgreen - I have had some interesting encounters with cross crountry skiiers...they seem to get excited when you provide a 4" wide rut in their "sacred" ski areas. They try to hit me with their ski poles, so I in turn shart ice all over them and go on my merry way. Can't we all just get along?

VET808 - My wife is in Helena with the kids for the next two weeks and was wondering about the condition of the track. She rides and races (Runner up Alaska Womens State Champ!) so she wants to go do some wheelies and rub it in. I'll just keep on the snow till I find some dirt....