Sign in to follow this  

about to loose again

tommorrow night there will be a commission meeting. Where the saint lucie county sheriff will ask permisssion from the commissioners, to be able to ticket all offroad vehicles on private or public land $100 regardless of weather they receive a complaint from the land owner or not, unless you have written permission to be there. So they can decide for the land owner weather it's ok for you to ride their property. Where is the A.M.A? or anyone to represent south florida riders. Once again to most this sounds like a broken record but the state of florida has mandated local government to open an off highway vehicle park in this area for years. I guess no one is listening. I spoke to a lawyer today and he said we may have to sue the local government to hold them to the state mandate. Everyone who has bought a dirt bike or atv knows they paid an off highway vehicle tax. That money is supposed to ensure us places to ride. Once again for an individual to go against local government is kinda crazy, which is why the A.M.A is supposed to protect our right to ride. Send your money and see no results. Maybe that was a bit harsh but it seems like the way it is. I welcome any suggestions on how we can get this done. I was born and raised here and I will not be run out of my home or the sport I love. They will have to tear my bike out of my cold dead hands before I give up.

beaulies,

The sad reality of it all is that the meetings get scheduled so randomly and "quickly" that the major organizations (FTR, AMA, Blue ribbon coal., etc.) that help us don't have the time to get organized and support.

I will ask this though, did "you" make an effort (seriously) to notify these organizations about the issues?

Until we change the attitude of "Greed" (yep ,the politicians motto) from their minds nothing will change. Ask yourself this, can you make more money from tax revenue, local business growth, etc. or from an MX or OHV area??

Don:thumbsup:

btw, been there, done that and it sucked!!

I agree giving these organizations a heads up would be helpful, but it would also seem they have atleast in part taken on monitoring this type of issue as part of their mission. They should be looking out for this as well and should have plenty of contacts in government offices to keep them informed. We as riders should do our part instead of expecting someone else to do it for us, but these organizations should put forth an effort as well.

To add insult to injury the of highway vehicle taxes paid out last year was in the millions. That came straight from one of the commisioners. I'm not in question of weather they could have more revenue out of these lands. I just want us to have what we have already paid for. The state legislators are very aware that local government has taken our money and done nothing for us. Which is what it was intended for. I think organizations like the A.M.A should somewhat monitor where our ohv taxes are going, and when the state mandates more riding area. They should hold these people to it. We are getting nothing for free here we just want our money spent for what it was intended. Riding area.