Sign in to follow this  

Checking a VIN

Is anyone on this site able to run a VIN for me to check if it has been reported stolen? If anyone can, I would be glad to PM it to you. Mods can delete once I get someone.

i would like to know the same, like a stolen vehicle database or something. I would hate to have a bike than have it ending up being stolen.

My point exactly. I'm looking at a bike in pieces that my buddy has, and he has no idea if it is or isn't stolen, and I'd like to be sure without creating any hassle for me or him through the police.

In! I picked up a 3-Wheeler for parts at the dump a few years back. Would hate to get caught with it if it's hot.

They were gonna bury it along with the trash so I dragged it home.

i higly doubt and one would steal a trike

You'd be surprised what people will steal.

Noone? I thought I remembered someone on here saying if you PM'd them your VIN they'd check it for you.

Not you. The kid who asked why anyone would steal a trike.

Anyway, I called the police station and the Sgt. said the only thing he could tell me is that it's never been registered. I'm going to try the one for the next town over tomorrow, or maybe I'll call the Mass. Environmental Police. The DMV charges $100 for a missing or stolen title search.

I was in the same situation and called the local highway patrol. They said they would only run the number if the bike was there. Their reasoning was that if it was stolen they would need to be able to take position of it.

Well I don't want to spend my money on something only to have it taken away the next day. And I also don't want to buy a bike that's stolen and not do anything about it. Am I SOL?

The state of AZ has a webpage in which you can punch in a VIN and it will tell you if it has been reported as stolen. Maybe Mass has the same?