Sign in to follow this  

Rode tight single track this weekend

Went riding at an 'undisclosed' location this past weekend in South Jersey with some A Riders and let me tell you this was some of the tightest single track I have ever been in.

Some trees required you to have bars shorter than 28inches. One rider had bars that were 26 inches. My stock bars w/ the bark busters were 33 inches so obviously when things got tight I lost a lof of time and opened up the gap a lot.

Tight sharp turns, deep whoops in turns and straight aways - some whoops were over 3/4 feet deep. KLX would die down in those if I didn't have speed, reguardless the weight became an issue as I would loose speed after hitting 10 in a row overall the suspension held up pretty well also.

For the most part the KLX kept up with the 2 stroke KTM's and 4 stroke KTMs that were out there. Some minor differences but overall I was thinking that the KLX wasn't going to be able to cut it with the upper guys but to my suprise it held up.

I have a helmet camera but I only got about 30 seconds of footage before it was knocked around and knocked out of the mount from branches and bumping into trees with my shoulders/arms. I'll see if I can get anything next time. Around just wanted to share my adventures with ya'll.

-Craig

Sounded pretty cool. I have done some pretty tight goat trials that maybe were not ment for bikes but it was fun. i like single track more than open it test your skill. and it really gives a rush. glad to hear that the klx held up.

this was some of the tightest single track

The KLX in it's element!

deep whoops in turns and straight aways - some whoops were over 3/4 feet deep.

The KLX nightmare.

:applause:

Glad you had fun. Sounds cool.

bp

I ride in the same area and have the klx250s. What made a big difference for me in the whoops was adding a 49T sprocket. Night and day it really gives you the pop you need to stay on top of the whoops. I can keep it in third and tractor over keeping the rpm in the 6-7k range. With the stock 42T I was in second fighting the bike screaming the rpm's and falling in.

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing when changing the front tooth CS sproket on the 300 from 14 to 13. Stock is 14/50 and I'm runnng 13/50. Really nice in the whoops or technical stuff.