Sign in to follow this  

Fluid level for resprung (.48) CRF250

I'm expecting a rough ride after replacing my stockers with FC springs. At 225, going .48/5.7, any recommendation for fluid/clicker settings to help with the breaking bumps? Don't have the dough set aside for revalve-yet. Novice-Int. skill level.

Thanks! :applause:

375cc

I have a very similar setup.

Thanks brother. Did you revalve? I'm dreading the stiffness that is sure to come. Breaking bumps are rough as it is with stock springs/factory settings!

Thanks brother. Did you revalve? I'm dreading the stiffness that is sure to come. Breaking bumps are rough as it is with stock springs/factory settings!

Honestly... I bought the bike used from a 150# "B" rider that had the suspension valved and sprung for him by Factory Connection. I am a 210# "B" rider.

I called them and had them send me fork springs they recommend for my weight. I dropped 375cc of 5wt fluid in with .48 springs and have not looked back since. Never touched the valving.

I really like the way it feels.

So it is "revalved" but not for me personally.

I would start with springs for your weight and see how it feels.

Sh*t... I just realized....

I thought you had a CRF450.... not a 250...

My setup is for a 2005 CRF450...

My mistake... hope this does not screw you up...

You may want to try the softer inner chamber springs. They are $30.

Well, for $30-40 I'll give them a shot! Which would you guys recommend?

PRESSSPG1.01, PRESSSPG1.15, PRESSSPG1.42 PRESSSPG1.61, PRESSSPG1.76, PRESSSPG1.90

I'm assuming the 1.01 KG would be the one to go with since I'm going straight to .48 Springs?

I have the 1.61s instead of the stock 1.76. I am trying ATF in the inner chamber this year to firm it up just a tad.

Well, for $30-40 I'll give them a shot! Which would you guys recommend?

PRESSSPG1.01, PRESSSPG1.15, PRESSSPG1.42 PRESSSPG1.61, PRESSSPG1.76, PRESSSPG1.90

I'm assuming the 1.01 KG would be the one to go with since I'm going straight to .48 Springs?

Azg,

Do you know if the fork valving is stock? If so I can get you some spec's to try that are much better than stock.... Send me a PM